MKII Government Target

Help Support Ruger Forum:

REP1954

Blackhawk
Picked up this MKII Government Target for a good price this last Wed. Birth year 1990. Advertised as NIB but I'm sure it's had a few magazines through it. Came with box, manual, and two magazines but no target. I put 250 rounds through it and it shoots like a dream.

trapperon

Blackhawk
rep1954--nice snag! Sort of funny because I just picked one up wednesday too--at the new cabelas in grandville. Mine was $299--a 1990 vintage 5.5 blued bull barrel. No box, but cleaned up to look like new--my guess is it had never been cleaned in its 24 year life!

Hard to pass up a nice MKII these days--I think they have been obsolete for about 10 years now already!

Nice grab==

Ron

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
REP1954 said:
Picked up this MKII Government Target for a good price this last Wed.
I got one in stainless when they were new.
I lost track of how many thousand have gone down range from it, but it still shoots like a dream.

I added some thicker grip panels to it and, at least for my hand, is wonderful.

reakin

Single-Sixer
Those are nice pistols. Mine always goes to the range with me. I put a set of Hogue rubber finger grooves (not thumb rest) on mine and it fits my hand nicely. Great shooters.

reakin

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
As far as I am concerned the Ruger MKII is the best semi auto .22 pistol ever made.
I have one I bought 30 years ago and have shot more bullets through it than a truck could carry and it still shoots flawlessly.
By far the most accurate semi auto .22 I have ever shot. There are others that come close but they don't get the cigar.
Taking them apart is kind of a pain at first but once you get the hang of it there is nothing to it.

Ferdinand

Single-Sixer
Bought one new around 1992 and foolishly sold it. My pistol looked exactly like the one in the photo and it was a great shooter. At least I accumulated a few SS models to take the place of that one.

DUNTOV

Single-Sixer
MKII is also #1 with me, but I have modified MKIII 22/45s that work great when the lci/internal lock/and mag safety are removed.
the only thing I hate on all the MKIIIs is the short bolt ears, they pinch! I have replaced the bolts with large ear MKII bolts

bobkk

Bearcat
I have a old mk1 Bull barrel bought new in 69 and a newer stainless MK11 slab side. Both shoot good. After owning some kind of Ruger for about 50 some years they seem to get easier take apart and put back together. Off a a rest the MK11 will shoot with my M41 but off hand the Smith is better.