Mark II Target model

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lots of recent posts about the Mark II, just thought I'd post a picture of my Mark II.

I had it at the range today. It worked great with CCI and then it didn't like Aguila ammunition at all.

But it's just so accurate! I'd love to get some thicker grips for it. That's my one complaint about the Mark series pistols. The standard grips that come with them are too thin.

IMG_6601.jpeg

wproct

Single-Sixer
I like Hogue grips. You can get some Hogue rubber wrap around grips with or without thumbrest for a very reasonable price, or you can get Hogue wood grips in either checkered or smooth wood with or without thumbrest. My preference is the smooth wood with thumbrest, and they have a palm swell that fills the hand nicely.

You have a very nice pistol by the way.

wproct

Single-Sixer
I don't happen to have a picture of my pistol with the Hogue wood grips but if it sounds like something of interest to you I will try to post a picture for you.

I don't happen to have a picture of my pistol with the Hogue wood grips but if it sounds like something of interest to you I will try to post a picture for you.
Yes, it would be nice to see some pictures.

Years ago I had a Volquartsen Rubber grip for the Mark II. It was a big oversized one piece wrap around grip. But I had to use a dremel and remove some of the insides to get the magazine to work.

wproct

Single-Sixer
Thank you, Yes, they are thicker than stock grips and they are extremely comfortable. I will give one caution, the way the grips surround closely to the safety and it makes one handed operation of the safety button a little difficult when pushing it back in safe condition. Not an issue for me because I use mine primarily as a range gun and don't utilize the safety frequently.

Actnbill

Single-Sixer
Lots of recent posts about the Mark II, just thought I'd post a picture of my Mark II.

I had it at the range today. It worked great with CCI and then it didn't like Aguila ammunition at all.

But it's just so accurate! I'd love to get some thicker grips for it. That's my one complaint about the Mark series pistols. The standard grips that come with them are too thin.
I have the same exact MKII stainless.... I agree that the rubber wrap-around grips make it too thick...

I have been eyeing a set of Rosewood grips for mine.... I know the set I put on my Single Six made the grip thicker and perfect for my hands

I have the same exact MKII stainless.... I agree that the rubber wrap-around grips make it too thick...

I have been eyeing a set of Rosewood grips for mine.... I know the set I put on my Single Six made the grip thicker and perfect for my hands
Those Hogue grips posted by @wproct sure look nice.

My issue is I'm left handed. On another Mark II I have a set of Herrett's Adjustable National Match Target Grips. Only now they are $300. Yikes!

I'd love a set with a left handed thumb rest.

wproct

Single-Sixer
Those Hogue grips posted by @wproct sure look nice.

My issue is I'm left handed. On another Mark II I have a set of Herrett's Adjustable National Match Target Grips. Only now they are $300. Yikes!

I'd love a set with a left handed thumb rest.
Check Hogue's website. They make the exact grips that I own in left-handed thumbrest. You have to put those grips in your hand to truly appreciate them. The one's I have just fit my hand like a soft leather glove. I love them. The wood on mine is Pau-ferro.

Latest posts