Is the No. 1 going out of production?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Big Old Boy

Hunter
Yep I thought it was odd Ruger can't seem to find good wood but others can. Maybe Henry has fewer bean counters on board. I do love my rugers but how does Henry sell everything made in America hats shirts I mean everything and no one else can, to many bean counters?

Ray Newman

Blackhawk
Will not hold my breath on Henry's wood quality until I see the production run wood. Have seen in the past the first few or prototype rifles have really good wood and the production run leaves something to be desired. When it comes to advertising, it is in the manufacturer's best interest to put the best foot forward....

Dranrab

Single-Sixer
Rest assured Henry is trotting out their finest wood on their demo rifle. Expect the wood on the production models to be just like it is on their other production rifles.

I just got an e-mail from Cabela's today showing 14 different No. 1 models/caliber combinations for sale. 13 in stock,
1 backorderable. Maybe they're clearing inventory. Don't know. No sale pricing, of course. All $1199.99.

WCM

Bearcat
steveodtw said:
I just got an e-mail from Cabela's today showing 14 different No. 1 models/caliber combinations for sale. 13 in stock,
1 backorderable. Maybe they're clearing inventory. Don't know. No sale pricing, of course. All $1199.99.

$1199 seems to be the norm now for new Ruger #1's,
unless you have an FFL and can order direct.
I am pretty much done buying them as they are now priced beyond what I think they are worth.

Nomosendero

Single-Sixer
I also hear they aren't.
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11627944/all/Status_of_the_Ruger_No.1-NOT_D

Also discussused on that other forum we don't mention.

Big Old Boy

Hunter
I was just on Rugers web site and when I clicked on #1 nothing came up.i fear the worst but still hope for the best.

Nomosendero

Single-Sixer
Big Old Boy said:
I did look again they are still listed as distributer exclusives.
That's right, the 2016 models & last year the 2015 Models were listed well into 2016.
Ruger has updated the site recently to show the RAR rimfire target and other new products. Why they would make those updates and leave the Number 1 there if dropped makes no sense to me.
People who say they are on the "inside track" are on both sides of this and the same thing happened last year. I guess we can know for sure if Ruger either drops them from their site or if they announce they have been dropped, until then not so much.

RSIno1

Hunter
I've got a Henry Freemason Tribute rifle here that we are raffling. The wood is very good for a production rifle.
Don't think I'd be a player for the Henry single shot - looks like an old cheap break open shotgun with a rifle barrel.
Comparing the 30 Blackhawk to a No1 is apples and oranges. The No1 requires an entirely different line, process and talents to build. The 30 is just another Blackhawk with different size holes in the barrel and cylinder.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Inquired on a couple things with a nice woman at Ruger today and was told that yes, they have "discontinued making them". :(

Nomosendero

Single-Sixer
steelshooterco said:
Believe everything you read on the internet it is all true, absolutely!
Which is why I want to see something formal, people from Ruger have said both ways, I am waiting to hear from the top, meanwhile looking for 1 more #1, out of production or not.

Dranrab

Single-Sixer
When Ruger decided to discontinue the M-77 series, the website reflected that. There is no such indication relative to the Number One despite the rumors having been swirling around for nearly two months.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Dranrab said:
When Ruger decided to discontinue the M-77 series, the website reflected that. There is no such indication relative to the Number One despite the rumors having been swirling around for nearly two months.
Right, it's still listed on the Ruger web site in 7 different calibers but as a Davidson's distributer special only.