I love Revolvers!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Knuckles

Buckeye
:) I never imagined I could feel this way about a cold hunk of steel that goes BANG!... but I'm in a dreamy love affair with Ruger single & double action Revolvers...

....................... and I covet yours!:twisted:

gunman42782

Hunter
Revolvers just have more soul than bottom feeders, IMHO. The only autoloader that I feel almost as strong about as my revolvers is the good old 1911, and then only if it is a Colt.

Rclark

Hunter
What's a bottom feeder? ;) Well, that pretty much sums up my thoughts on semi-autos :eek: ..... Moving on, while I don't 'love' my Rugers, .... I sure to like 'em.... and shoot 'em. The Vaquero and Blackhawk in .45 Colt are at the top of the heap too. They stir up memories of bygone days like no other revolvers and still do the job today :D .

NGaMtnHunter

Bearcat
The only bottom feeder I own is a MKII Target that my wife bought me 28 year ago and I wouldnt take nothen for it, its a real straight shooter! Other than my MKII I dont care for bottom feeders, I love the revolvers......

TRanger

Blackhawk
Nothing like a good sixgun. If I could only have one handgun, it would definitely be a revolver.

deac45

Single-Sixer
I too only have one self shucker, a MKII...ya can't reload the brass so it's no big deal if I don't find all of it when you police up your spot after shooting.

deac45

Olsherm

Blackhawk
I have Rugers,Uberti,colt,USFA all revolvers as they have I wanted a 1911 auto. So, I purchased a Colt Gov Model series 80 with the 3 white dot sights,nice grips ect. But now that I have it I am not sure if i want it. I have not shot it yet. Am trying to decide if I want to trade it in for a couple more single actions. I am afraid if I shoot it and do not like it I will loose a lot of its value. I am just a single action man. However it is a good looking gun and feels good in the hand. OH! What to do.what to do????????????????????

Knuckles

Buckeye
Olsherm":4lkp35fv said:
I have Rugers,Uberti,colt,USFA all revolvers as they have I wanted a 1911 auto. So, I purchased a Colt Gov Model series 80 with the 3 white dot sights,nice grips ect. But now that I have it I am not sure if i want it. I have not shot it yet. Am trying to decide if I want to trade it in for a couple more single actions. I am afraid if I shoot it and do not like it I will loose a lot of its value. I am just a single action man. However it is a good looking gun and feels good in the hand. OH! What to do.what to do????????????????????

Go throw it in the 'classifieds' and see what trade offers ya get... can't hurt.

yankee7809

Single-Sixer
Olsherm":2hse4wc9 said:

I have the same situation involving a new 1911. The gun points and handles wonderfully. I think they are the best pistols that exists. But that is the problem.. They aren't like my revolvers. And I am having a heck of a hard time getting interested in shooting and loading for it. I couldn't stay interested in 230 grain FMJ doing 850 fps on a ongoing basis. And when the main thrust of your reloading is to make sure that the cartridge over all length is such that it doesn't cause feeding issues... You get the point.

maxpress

Buckeye
its just great to have guns that you dont have to tailor loads for to make run.
none of the bottomfeeders ive seen will shoot everything from birdshot thru any bullet configuration.

I have to agree, I love those Blackhawks the best. I only have two bottomfeeders, one a Standard that was my first gun that I purchased, and the second a Colt 1991 my wife gave me for my b-day ten years ago.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
The real problem with semi autos for us handloaders is brass retention. I often lose 50% of my brass in the grass at the range. Luckily for the calibers I shoot brass isn't too expensive or hard to come by, and I have a big supply of it.

You guys with the unshot pistols should just sell 'em before you find out you like them and start having to accumulate those, too. Gets expensive after a while, and detracts from perfecting your revolver shooting. I speak from experience. :)

-- Sam

M'BOGO

Buckeye
knuckles":d0fhua1g said:
:) I never imagined I could feel this way about a cold hunk of steel that goes BANG!... but I'm in a dreamy love affair with Ruger single & double action Revolvers...

I feel your pain.

What did you go and do now?

yankee7809

Single-Sixer
Yosemite Sam":vgzhvsw3 said:
The real problem with semi autos for us handloaders is brass retention. I often lose 50% of my brass in the grass at the range. Luckily for the calibers I shoot brass isn't too expensive or hard to come by, and I have a big supply of it.

You guys with the unshot pistols should just sell 'em before you find out you like them and start having to accumulate those, too. Gets expensive after a while, and detracts from perfecting your revolver shooting. I speak from experience. :)

-- Sam

Not only lost but in some instances mangled rims,etc..

Elmer

Bearcat
Yosemite Sam":3qcs1hhx said:

-- Sam

Yep. Every time I go to the range for pistol shooting with a buddy or two, I end up helping them look around for their brass that got thrown all over. At least we don't have to spend time looking for mine too. Now if I can just get them to switch...

patrickjames

Single-Sixer
knuckles":3onclorx said:

I feel the same.I like knowing there is other's like me.