Why I love Ruger Revolvers in Stainless so much

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I don't really understand the paint marker thing you are referring to. It's just that the sharpie thing I have is marked Birchwood Casey, but Sharpie makes it, and it looks exactly just like a regular Sharpie. I'll keep looking for another.
It's a felt tip with a valve behind it. You regulate flow with pressure on the tip. To fill there's a funnel that opens the valve for filling then you put the felt tip in.

gunzo

Hunter
I love stainless for the ease of maintenance, but mainly because I can cut, file or sand on them if need be & they are easily refinished.
I bought a new 1911 style pistol a few years back & chose the blued model to save about a hundred bucks. I've fussed at myself many times over that decision. The gun needs a lot of sharp edges broken & the back of the safety lever needs a recontour. Obviously the gun would need to be sent out for a re-blue if I did all that, or be pretty ugly otherwise.
Stainless, like's been said, hit with scotchbrite & carry on.

Star43

Blackhawk
Now that is a good looking gun. Seriously, it is a beautifully made gun. That was 2015, which to me is like yesterday, but in 2023, in CA around me anyway, you can't find them anymore. Too expensive to make it seems. That, to me, is why they push the Wrangler so much......either way, you have a beauty there. Looks great. Enjoy it !!
No, mine says Universal touch up pen on it. It has the Birchwood Casey logo right over it. It is a like a regular Sharpie with the all black pointed end. Thanks for sending and checking though. I have a couple of those and are ok, but the Sharpie is so easy & convenient and easy to use & Works !!

moparclan

Single-Sixer
Been using the gray scotch brite pads for many years and have had good luck with them. For blued firearms with slight rusting I use the Big 45 Frontier Metal Cleaner, removes rust and dirt and doesn't harm the blue.

z
Now that is a good looking gun. Seriously, it is a beautifully made gun. That was 2015, which to me is like yesterday, but in 2023, in CA around me anyway, you can't find them anymore. Too expensive to make it seems. That, to me, is why they push the Wrangler so much......either way, you have a beauty there. Looks great. Enjoy it !!

No, mine says Universal touch up pen on it. It has the Birchwood Casey logo right over it. It is a like a regular Sharpie with the all black pointed end. Thanks for sending and checking though. I have a couple of those and are ok, but the Sharpie is so easy & convenient and easy to use & Works !!
Is this the one? It doesn't look like a sharpie but the wording is correct…

IMG_7973.png

Star43

Blackhawk
z

Is this the one? It doesn't look like a sharpie but the wording is correct…

View attachment 28227
No that's not it either, although I have 2 of those already. What was really sweet about my Sharpie blue touch up, although it's mostly black, is that it is so easy to use. Just touch it with the tip which looks looks exactly like a Sharpie and it goes on & it does Not rub off like a regular Sharpie does. I have brought it with to me to show 4 gun shops and not one of them had ever seen it before. One of the guns, I know the guy very well from over the years and we look at the computer together to try to find it. Nothing. One time we thought we found it but when it came in, it wasn't it at all. It was for aluminum. What can I say. That's my luck. I'll keep looking.

No that's not it either, although I have 2 of those already. What was really sweet about my Sharpie blue touch up, although it's mostly black, is that it is so easy to use. Just touch it with the tip which looks looks exactly like a Sharpie and it goes on & it does Not rub off like a regular Sharpie does. I have brought it with to me to show 4 gun shops and not one of them had ever seen it before. One of the guns, I know the guy very well from over the years and we look at the computer together to try to find it. Nothing. One time we thought we found it but when it came in, it wasn't it at all. It was for aluminum. What can I say. That's my luck. I'll keep looking.
Well, when you find one, let me know. Let us all know! We all want one now!

Star43

Blackhawk
Well, when you find one, let me know. Let us all know! We all want one now!
You know, it is baffling to me that these Sharpie blue/black markers are not in Every gun shop. I think the problem is that they are too simple to use and work way too good for the money. The short time that they were out probably hurt the sales on the other crap they were trying to sell !

Star43

Blackhawk
Yeah, they were too good........sorta why I can't find a new Ruger Single Six in CA......they were too good they way they were, so let's make some other stuff. 😊

Star43

Blackhawk
Now that blued GP 100 with my "wonder pen" on the muzzle of that barrel will make it look just wonderful !!!

stonebuster

Single-Sixer
Stainless made it easy to smooth sharp edges on the trigger guards on a couple of my Rugers and straighten out the factory sloppy brush strokes on my stainless 5" GP100. Nothing like the deep blue of older revolvers though.

gnappi

Single-Sixer
Blue or stainless? For me the choice is easy and generally stainless. My skin is saltier than the dead sea and blue guns grow a red beard rather easily in my hands. Also I'm afflicted with demon sloth and I like the fact that I can go to the range and not have to clean my handguns as soon as I'm home or even that day, or the next :)

Star43

Blackhawk
When you mention salt, I think of being near the ocean and living with a lot of humidity, like I did in my younger days. That and just plain sweating because of the climate conditions, equals to the Stainless being the better option in that situation.

eveled

Hawkeye
One of my hammers could grate coconuts. I was glad it was stainless. A file dulled the checkering a little and knocked the corners off.

Latest posts