I didn’t even know I needed this…

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pál_K

Single-Sixer
Guns I would absolutely never ever own ick ick ick...

T/C Contender - too ugly

XP-100 - stupid space gun

any lever action - this isn't the 1800's anymore

any single action revolver - still isn't the 1800's

any AR - a Barbie doll for guys, fouls its own action and shoots a varmint round rather than a proper combat round

Well...

After attending my first IHMSA silhouette match I became captivated by the T/C. Bought one in .30-30. Accurate and beautiful.

Eventually got an XP-100 in 7BR for silhouette. Stunningly accurate with open sights at 200 meters.

Shot my friend's Marlin in .45-70. Bought my own a short while later. Then bought a 1966-dated 336 RC in .35 Rem. Put an old 1960's Weaver 4x scope on it. It shoots into one ragged hole at 50 yards.

Shot my friend's Ruger Single Six. Smooooth. Bought my own a short while later, then a Ruger Bisley in .45 Colt, then a Ruger New Blackhawk Bisley. Solid. Elegant.

Bought two AR's because my friend works in a gun shop and I became infected. The things are fun to put together and shoot. Very accurate. Oddly, I enjoy cleaning them. I think I just enjoy all the parts. One is an Aero Precision M4E1 and another is a Colt AR-15A4, in the style of what US soldiers carried in Vietnam.

Last edited:

G2

Hunter
Here's the Craziest thing about your situation BPJ,,,
I bought this gun from you when you had started to thin down before your move to Alaska.

It was a XR3 grip framed 45/45ACP flattop,,,
I acquired to convert to Birdshead, cut it down to 3.6" barrel, added a Montado Hammer & #5 Basepin.
I should have never shot it because I quite enjoy the 4.6" barrel, Birdshead and most of the time the 45 ACP cylinder.
Now feel no need to cut it down.
50279025353_7c71fcdf06_k.jpg

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
I don't need it but I want a Ruger 10 22. I've checked all the local stores for discounts and found one model for $ 249. That's within my budget but it has a polymer receiver. I don't know how it will hold up to thousands of rounds. I'm still looking for an older model.

My son has two 10 22s that I build years ago. I hinted that I'd like one for Christmas. I hope he takes the hint.

My shooting buddy has too many guns so he said if my son doesn't give me one he will give me one that I helped him build many years ago.

At 72 I really don't need another gun. I just want one that I can shoot Steel Challenge with and some bullseye for practice.

I don't need it but I want a Ruger 10 22. I've checked all the local stores for discounts and found one model for $ 249. That's within my budget but it has a polymer receiver. I don't know how it will hold up to thousands of rounds. I'm still looking for an older model.

Are you sure that isn't just a polymer housing for the trigger group?

sledman

Bearcat
Here's the Craziest thing about your situation BPJ,,,
I bought this gun from you when you had started to thin down before your move to Alaska.

It was a XR3 grip framed 45/45ACP flattop,,,
I acquired to convert to Birdshead, cut it down to 3.6" barrel, added a Montado Hammer & #5 Basepin.
I should have never shot it because I quite enjoy the 4.6" barrel, Birdshead and most of the time the 45 ACP cylinder.
Now feel no need to cut it down.
50279025353_7c71fcdf06_k.jpg
A splendid six gun!

Latest posts