How my shooting deck grew up in 4 years

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JOHNNY WACKO

Blackhawk
All built from100%used decks and lumber,total cost of about $60 in screws.For some reason i cant or don't have any finished pictures but i will take some.Its 94% bone now.
yardwork030.jpg

gunbench004.jpg

gunbench009.jpg

yard003.jpg

gunbench040.jpg
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc1/jfla1443/yard029-1.jpg[/img]
yard028.jpg

yard036.jpg

yard048.jpg

bench2004.jpg

bench2013.jpg

rangeaug11010.jpg

rangeaug26004.jpg

rangeaug26007.jpg

rangeaug26003.jpg

rangeaug26015.jpg

had some sinking do to not planning it to be so big in the start and had to repair this spring

Deck was sinking on 1 corner and leaning to the hill.Took 2 days to fix,drove 10 lbs of 3" screws while holding it with the tracto r+ 2 come alongs. worked out sweet.
Never pland on a roof so the footer was to weak to hold the weight.NOT NOW,the sun was so hot here all day that the roof is for shade not rain

Taterman

Buckeye
Awesome! I can't imagine a much better set up then that. No where to shoot here except an overpriced indoor range.

JOHNNY WACKO

Blackhawk
ALL the people with $$ don't have no where good to shoot and i have to live were every 1 is just above poor.but i don't buy much ammo. i shoot other peoles.and they don't have a caliber i don't.
every person that shot there AR here this summer was 1 i built them.It's funny to see 4 or more guys all laughing and having a good time with something you made from there bare receivers. and to have that meany customers happy at 1 time never happened when i had a backhoe service. :roll: :lol:

1bdvet

Bearcat
I guess you made lot of new friends, can I be one, love to shoot trap and skeet.

Tip

Single-Sixer
Wow, Johnny... that's a great piece of real estate, made better by your hard work!
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
-Bill

JOHNNY WACKO

Blackhawk
That's my baby i bought that new in 1992 with a loader and woods backhoe.I just brush hog with it now.just got 4 new tires tubes .

jsh

Single-Sixer
I sure hope you had the safety catch in place when you had the bucket up on that loader. I climbed in and out of one for a long time with out ever giving it any real thought.
A local fellow that I knew through mutual friends did it one too many times. His wife and son found him. It was a bad day.
FYI a brand new machine, less than 5 hours on it. One of the steel line fittings broke.

JOHNNY WACKO

Blackhawk
A Omish logger i know had that happen on 1 that was way bigger, CAT and he just made it.They said he should be dead. they could not start the machine to get him out.You can bet i don't trust anything like that.I got no ribs that arn't broke a few times each on my right side now so i got to watch everything i do.Sept 28 will be 16 years and i hurt every day of those 16 years.quad roll over me twice.

But thanks for caring enough to speak up.Thats good advice to anyone reading this.

and thanks for all the nice words from everyone on my place,it's all i live for.