Frame size on a Single Seven

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ThomTender

Single-Sixer
What size frame does Ruger use on the Single Seven 327 Mag. The 32 Mag in the Single Six just barely fits. How could they put a larger cylinder in

ThomTender

Single-Sixer
My point is to put 7 rds in that cylinder there has to be less wall inbetween. I have a Single Six in 32 mag and it is close between the rds. How do you fit in 7 rds. I understand the length part its the seven rds that get me. I just looked again at me 32 mag cylinder and to put ion a seventh rd. there will be virtually no wall between the chambers. Anybody have a photo of the face of a 7 shot 327 mag cylinder/.

pisgah

Buckeye
gs50401 said:
The cylinder notches ore offset to help make the cylinder stronger.

Bingo. The weakest part of a cylinder is the thinnest part, and that's underneath the notches. Move the notch between chambers, add another chamber to the cylinder, and the remaining wall between chambers is still not as thin as the spot where the notch used to be.

ThomTender said:
My point is to put 7 rds in that cylinder there has to be less wall inbetween. I have a Single Six in 32 mag and it is close between the rds. How do you fit in 7 rds. I understand the length part its the seven rds that get me. I just looked again at me 32 mag cylinder and to put ion a seventh rd. there will be virtually no wall between the chambers. Anybody have a photo of the face of a 7 shot 327 mag cylinder/.

Nobody really owns one of these. :lol:

Here's an article that does show some photos. There's really more meat in the chamber walls than a feller might guess.

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-Single7.htm