Boise Show Results on Page 5

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flatgate

Hawkeye
In no particular order, here's the judging results. I don't have pics ATTM, but, someone does.... :D

1st. Place Intermediate Memorabilia: Susan Green
1st. Place Advanced Memorabilia: Shawn Lee
1st. Place Advanced Old Model Revolvers: Old Guy Flatgate :D
1st. Place Novice Old Model Revolvers: Greg Harp/Rugerboi
1st. Place Novice Long Guns: Matt Jones
1st. Place Intermediate New Model Revolvers: Terry T
1st. Place Advanced New Model Revolvers: Hank Green, CircleRGRugers
Most Educational: Terry T
RENE Best of Show: Shawn Lee

Honorable Mention: Randy, Dave, Wayno, Rick and Dennis

Pics will follow very soon.

flatgate

chet15

Hawkeye
Sounds like another successful show!! Congrats to all the winners, to everybody who displayed, attending non-displayer Ruger collectors and especially to Hank's support for making this show possible!
Chet15

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:D Hey Ruger Lovers...Hank and Susan did it again! That show in Boise was a dandy! Met a new Ruger nut with a nice M77 display named Matt, swapped lies with the end of the Columbia River guys Wayne and Dave, tapped Randy's brain every chance we got for Ruger data, even got a hamberger out of him! Then some old revolver maker named Carl with a gang of real nice Bearcats gave out tons of shooting and loading and modifying advice, and it only cost a drink or two...The promoters from Puyallup, Rick and Peggy brought a neat maximum display, and releaved me of some fox and alphabet books. Another guy named Don, from Oregon didn't bring a display, but his sales table LOOKED like one...sheesh consecutive tri-colors and me with no money till I sold that rusty belt buckle and them bent casings...And then, quietly the California contingent of Terry T, and Lovesmydals Dennis slips in and wins most educational and buys up the good stuff coming around the corner....And last but not least the absent minded pea picker from Washington that needed someone else's key to open his display, then win 1st...Goes by the initials Shawn L. rippin good time!! Thanks again Hank, Susan, and All. RB...PS, She Who Will Be Obeyed stopped by Saturday, and looked all the displays over and said it was very "Tastefull" and that "she never knew that Ruger had someone as smart as Sarah Palin working for him" (referring to Susan's Kelley Glenn Kimbro Display).

208packinheat

Single-Sixer
Just got home, and man had a blast. Thanks to the Greens for the wonderful experience, and to all new Ruger friends, I learned a great deal from you all. Randy, thanks for the encouragement to participate, appreciate your knowledge on the 77, was a great time. :D :D :D :D

When ever in Idaho Falls, please come by, love to see all ya all!!

Hope all had a safe return home.

Matt

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Thats for sure :D We all had a blast. The company was great and we all had good food at the awards dinner :) Even brought home a few more treasures. Thanks Hank , Susan and crew for a great time 8)
I will try and post a few pictures later.
These two guns were waiting on my bar when I got home :shock:
A tappered ear T514 and a "D" T678 :eek:

OHH and Carl that Hawkeye serial number 1206 that we looked at with the Super grip frame was shipped May of 1963. So I guess them grips would be wrong :shock:

t514t678002.jpg

t514t678001.jpg

lovemydals

Buckeye
Terry T & I got home around 6 PM Pacific time safe & sound.

A big congrats to Hank & Susan (Hank Jr too) for putting on a great show! I met a few more Ruger collectors & reconnected with others. Lots of fun & learned more interesting Ruger info. Thanks everyone! Looking forward to next year.

lmd

Here's a photo of the Bosie, ID Ruger Collectors Gang. As you can see, we are having fun! Nice bunch of folks to spend a weekend talking Rugers!
DSC_0331-1.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
Here's the Awards presented by the Promoter.

AwardsLR.jpg

Best of Show: Matt Jones, M-77's (3rd from left, first time displayer!
First Place: Hank Green, Special Vaqueros (2nd from left)
Second Place: Carl Laco, Bearcats (Far Left)
Third Place: Greg Harp, Ruger #3's (Far Right)

Montana Silversmith Buckles, commemorating the occasion, were presented along with the Ribbons.

flatgate

I just want to say thanks for the warm welcome to the Boise show. Thank you to everyone who came and participated. I guess i have to step up and do a display for the newer generation of collectors. Thanks again! Hank jr.

Latest posts