"Bill Ruger's .22 Pistol..." the book

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Clark

Bearcat
I happened to come across a reference to this book, "Bill Ruger's .22 Pistol: a Photographic Essay of the Ruger Rimfire Pistol" by Don Findley and I can find scant information on it. Published in 2004, leather bound and limited to 100 signed copies. Prices on Amazon.com and Abebooks.com are 2-4 Benjamins!

Is this a good book, one that you could enjoy reading and looking at or is it strictly reference material? Was it ever published in a hardcover or paperback version? Any chance Don Findley could republish this book?

Clark

contender

Ruger Guru
I have a "regular" copy of Don's book. (Not leather or the limited one.) Great book & Don is a great guy. I don't foresee another run of this book. Look for a regular hardback copy vs. the leather ones.

k2nd

Single-Sixer
Excellent book. Was available in hardcover, I got mine for christmas in 2004 from my wife. Some good reading, but mostly good photos.
k2nd

street

Hunter
Don is one of the finest people that you will ever meet. As it stands now he is the original Ruger .22 Auto collector. There is nothing about the early auto pistols that he doesn't know. There are 3 people that know more then all of the rest of us put together about Rugers. Don Findley is one, Chad Hiddleson is another, and because of his ability to get factory information that the rest us us can't, John Dougan is the third one.

If you can get books from any of the three it is money well spent. I'm lucky to have one of Dons leather bound books number 18 of 100. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Donnie has also published a few other books & many articles in Gun Magazines, I would say Donnie has forgot more than most of us know about guns. He is also a Good Friend. Looking forward to seeing him in Tulsa next week.

Clark

Bearcat
Mr. Findley contacted me via PM and offered me a hardcover copy of the book which I gladly ordered.

Clark