Any plans on a gun purchase in January 2024

Help Support Ruger Forum:

larry8

Single-Sixer
If I could find a new Ruger Redhawk in 44 mag and 5 1/2" barrel for a reasonable price I'd go for it. A month ago I bought a Super Redhawk in 44 mag with a 7 1/2" barrel for $899. So now I'm looking for it's little brother, but they are all listed for stupid high prices.

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
Stay away from S&W they won't stand behind their guns (buy a Ruger). I had an S&W Model 340 AirLite .357 Magnum. I was firing it using Factory .38 specials. It blew up in my hand, cracked the cylinder and broke the frame.
I sent it to S&W and they send back the pieces of the gun and told me to send them $600.00 to buy another one.
B S - Screw S&W. I will never buy another S&W! Ruger stands behind their guns! Buy a Ruger!
I am a Smith fan, but I keep hearing horror stories like yours . 😟 Don't really know if I would buy a new Smith . The ones I own are 70s guns . Now they are Quality 😊

I usually have next purchases in mind. Unfortunately, local dealers seldom carry the stuff I like.

I buy most of my guns online for this reason, but it would sure be nice to be able to personally inspect a gun before I buy it.

Next up will likely be..
the new 1894 Ruglin in .44, a Colt King Cobra in .22LR, a non-state compliant SIG 226, and maybe another Ruger American Rifle in 7.62x39. I keep hoping for a GP100 (Wiley Clapp) in 10mm, but they are difficult to find anywhere, at any price. I've also given up trying to find a Ruger American Rimfire Target.

Ruger bemoaned their diminished profits over recent quarters. Quit making all this plastic stuff (junk... yes I said it) and make real guns. I will help them regain their profits, at least temporarily. :)

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
I seldom plan firearms purchases anymore, they just tend to come along randomly. I am expecting a minty, unfired late 70's vintage ROA that I picked up on another forum, and for an absolutely phenomenal price, to arrive sometime early next month. And, yes...I've dealt with the seller a number of times before.

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
I usually have next purchases in mind. Unfortunately, local dealers seldom carry the stuff I like.

I buy most of my guns online for this reason, but it would sure be nice to be able to personally inspect a gun before I buy it.

Next up will likely be..
the new 1894 Ruglin in .44, a Colt King Cobra in .22LR, a non-state compliant SIG 226, and maybe another Ruger American Rifle in 7.62x39. I keep hoping for a GP100 (Wiley Clapp) in 10mm, but they are difficult to find anywhere, at any price. I've also given up trying to find a Ruger American Rimfire Target.

Ruger bemoaned their diminished profits over recent quarters. Quit making all this plastic stuff (junk... yes I said it) and make real guns. I will help them regain their profits, at least temporarily. :)
😉 yes, let's hope Ruger is reading this ......😊

Hankus

Blackhawk
No "plans", I'll just buy whatever Rugers that come along at a good price. I DO have a couple new guns on my list… a Taurus.327 or 9mm double action, or both, for tackle box guns maybe. They're inexpensive… and a 10/22 Backpacker. I have a 70s vintage 10/22, a Norinco copy of the Browning takedown, a Remington 597 but nothing with a threaded barrel yet…

Chief

Single-Sixer
I have never been able to plan a gun purchase. Either I can't find what I'm looking for or if it happens to appear, the funds aren't available.
Almost all of my buys are found while "window shopping ". Case in point, I was killing some time in my local Scheels the other day and they have quite a few older Colts and S&W revolvers which I have a weakness for. In the lower cabinet , there all alone, lay another of my firearm related passions. It was a Winchester model 52 heavy target all dressed out in old school small bore shooters accouterments. She was topped by a Unertle target scope , had a complete set of Redfield Olympic sights, palm rest, adjustable butt plate, single shot adapter, sling and a rifle case to carry it all in. I knew this find would not come around again very soon so I jumped. Pick it up tomorrow from Illinois gun jail.

moparclan

Single-Sixer
This is the Single Six I mentioned in post #12 1994 22lr/22 mag. Not sure who made the grips but the fit is awesome and a dark laminate. Perfect condition with no wear or marks anywhere. No box or papers, $450.
1994 Single Six .jpg

DSC01672.JPG

DSC01670.JPG

Last edited:

fuzzyedge

Bearcat
have an order in for a redhawk 5045 45 colt with my local gun shop buddy, new version of the 5027 im assuming. i had a 5050, couldnt get it to work right, twice back to ruger before i sold it

fuzzyedge

Bearcat
The 5050 was a .45ACP/.45 Colt right? What was wrong with it?
yes sir, first it was light primer strikes in double action, then around (if i recall correctly, might have been 300) 150 rounds the whole action seized up. sent it in, they repaired it, but still light primer strikes in double action (both calibers, various ammo). sent it in again got it back no change, every other round might fire , second hits on some rounds would then fire, just couldn't like it as a single action six shooter.

Latest posts