Any plans on a gun purchase in January 2024

Help Support Ruger Forum:

XUSNORDIE

Single-Sixer
The kids took care of a couple wants on Christmas. Last month I traveled to TN for my Grandsons Birthday. One of the things we like to do when visiting is hit Buds Guns. On the way there my Son-N-Law asked me if there was anything specific I was going to look at. Told him not really probably just pick up a couple shirts, but that if I saw a decent deal on a LCP or a small frame 2" revolver I'd be interested as I wanted something smaller/pocket size for summer carry.

Well, he's a K9 Officer down there. A friend of his was selling a couple LCPs he had as back ups. Both in great shape. He ended up getting both, one for me and one for my Wife....and, they all pitched in a few bucks and got me a new Taurus 856 2" 38spl. When I opened it, my oldest Daughter asked "This is the one that you were mentioning at Buds right?"...it was definitely one of them...great memory lol.

So that taken care of......January purchase will most likely be a M1 Garand from CMP.

noahmercy

Blackhawk
If Ruglin would bring out a 327 Federal chambered rifle, or a 45-70 with a barrel longer than 20 inches, I'd dip into the piggy bank. And I'll probably get an olive drab KelTec P-17 to go with my black one. I mean, I have two hands, right?

Pál_K

Single-Sixer
I plan on buying a smith and Wesson model 27 always wanted that old school look.
Get one!

In 2009 I found a S&W Model 27-2 in Cabela's Gun Room (Lacey, WA) and it looked like it had never been fired. Wooden box with green felt liner. It has counterbored cylinders and a checkered top-strap; they don't make them like that today. I bought it immediately.

I've had it now for 14 years - haven't shot it yet (!), too many other guns, but I will.

Here she is:

IMG_1746.jpeg

jav

Single-Sixer
The kids took care of a couple wants on Christmas. Last month I traveled to TN for my Grandsons Birthday. One of the things we like to do when visiting is hit Buds Guns. On the way there my Son-N-Law asked me if there was anything specific I was going to look at. Told him not really probably just pick up a couple shirts, but that if I saw a decent deal on a LCP or a small frame 2" revolver I'd be interested as I wanted something smaller/pocket size for summer carry.

Well, he's a K9 Officer down there. A friend of his was selling a couple LCPs he had as back ups. Both in great shape. He ended up getting both, one for me and one for my Wife....and, they all pitched in a few bucks and got me a new Taurus 856 2" 38spl. When I opened it, my oldest Daughter asked "This is the one that you were mentioning at Buds right?"...it was definitely one of them...great memory lol.

So that taken care of......January purchase will most likely be a M1 Garand from CMP.
Very nice with the family takes care of the old man

jav

Single-Sixer
Get one!

In 2009 I found a S&W Model 27-2 in Cabela's Gun Room (Lacey, WA) and it looked like it had never been fired. Wooden box with green felt liner. It has counterbored cylinders and a checkered top-strap; they don't make them like that today. I bought it immediately.

I've had it now for 14 years - haven't shot it yet (!), too many other guns, but I will.

Here she is:

View attachment 36287
Very very nice I thinking the same maybe not shooting it but I probably will

New Model Flat Top Convertibles in .357X9MM, both blue & SS, 4 5/8" & 5 1/2".
Like Ron said, "It's day to day" ;).
Terry
All those would be a nice set!

I wouldn't mind getting SS SBH in both 4.62" and 5.5". I would probably try and swap the cylinders though. Something about that fluted cylinder on the 4.62"… it just looks good to me.
1B3C2B29-DC66-4821-BD5A-57D8E6B40A66.gif

moparclan

Single-Sixer
Any older Marlins, then a 75th anniversary MKIV. On the way today to pick up a 9.5" barreled Single Six.
Guess I got a jump on 2024. Just traded my uncle a Glock 17 for this Nickel Smith & Wesson 29-2.
FullSizeR_20230712_172851 (1).jpg

Last edited:

harley08

Blackhawk
I plan on buying a smith and Wesson model 27 always wanted that old school look. What y'all going to get
Stay away from S&W they won't stand behind their guns (buy a Ruger). I had an S&W Model 340 AirLite .357 Magnum. I was firing it using Factory .38 specials. It blew up in my hand, cracked the cylinder and broke the frame.
I sent it to S&W and they send back the pieces of the gun and told me to send them $600.00 to buy another one.
B S - Screw S&W. I will never buy another S&W! Ruger stands behind their guns! Buy a Ruger!

Latest posts