any browning double auto collectors here?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Johnnu2

Hunter
Thanks...........
Not sure I understand why this might be "special".... I'm not a shotgunner but I have a Beretta semi that holds two or three (?) rounds. I'm gonna assume it's a Browning Collector thing (?) and nothing special about holding more than one shell ?
J.

KIR

Sparks, NV
So, as I understand it, it is semi-auto, but limited to only two rounds. I have a Benelli M2 Tactical that can hold up to seven rounds, the last being a ghost round. Don't see the interest in a 2-round semi unless it is lighter by five rounds?

eveled

Hawkeye
The article says it is lighter, faster shooting and loading. Short action and no magazine It is a fascinating design.

hittman

Staff member
I think it was pretty revolutionary when introduced 72 years ago.
Not really fair to compare it to a modern made shotgun.

EDIT …. Well maybe revolutionary isn't the proper word …. How about unique

Last edited:
Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
My dad had one, 26" IC. He was deadly on quail over one of his pointers with it and shot it exclusively for years. All the anodized finish was worn off the left side of the receiver from rubbing against his hunting vest in his customary way of carrying it in the crook of his left arm. It was stolen out of my truck 40 years ago. My dad's old quail hunting buddy has one, too, in very high condition. He offered it to me a while back for $800 but I passed. I remember the two black snap caps that came with dad's gun when he bought it. No idea what happened to those.

Dbl Auto

Single-Sixer
D34vuUe.jpg

eveled

Hawkeye
I think he gets busy and sidetracked, but he always comes back eventually. 3 houses in different states as I recall.

Get Wood

Single-Sixer
I think he gets busy and sidetracked, but he always comes back eventually. 3 houses in different states as I recall.
I See He Is NOT To Busy To Chime In On Another Post On Here. That Tells Me He Was FISHING On This Post. And Since He Didn't Get The Answers He Was Looking For NO NEED To Comply... And THAT IS RUDE .

Latest posts