7.5" Bisley 44 Special Flattop?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I don't think it really matters to Ruger. They sell everything they make, so they don't care who the ultimate customer is. But they are very likely aware that there's a certain market for "unusual variations and configurations" among a certain population of the market . . . and they have a good handle on that market's size and are prepared to respond to specific numbers. If that's a distributor order for 1000 guns, so be it. "Lean manufacturing" at its finest.

:)

WARD

Single-Sixer
520-21411 with gray grips (actually they're mostly black) is now living in Minnesota -

Ward

chet15

Hawkeye
bigbore45colt":wesm9j1v said:
It is my understanding that Ruger has not done well with Bisleys in general so I highly doubt that these will become a catalogued item but who knows.

BB45C

Have been advised by a couple individuals that this model will not become a regular offering...in order to keep the integrity of the Shootist model "the way it looks". If it weren't for the "mistake" guns coming out first, there would only be 100 "Shootists" guns period.
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
JCW64":2mqogia2 said:
I bought one today and it has the dark gray laminate grips. Not sure why some are gray and some reddish brown, but I noticed that the Lipseys
4 5/8" and the 5 1/2" models have both also. I've also noticed a span of 151 guns already on these. There are a couple of consecutive pairs on GB now also,one pair with brown grips the other pair gray.

I think Ruger goofed on putting the gray laminates on a few Shootists. The gray is what Ruger has been putting on their stainless guns, reddish laminate for their blue guns. Will a shootists gun be worth more down the road because it has gray laminate grips? You and I both know those guns came from the factory that way, but nobody will ever be able to get a letter from the guy who installed them.
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
Ale-8(1)":27x1yd4h said:
Rod may very well have a point.

Have ya all noticed how the U.S. Mint has been catering to the collector market for the last few years? Many folks are coming to the conclusion that all those "collector" coins will never be worth any more than face value.

Manufactured collectibles . . .rarely are.

JMHO

:)

At least you can still get some of these new from the factory Rugers for a "non-collector" price. The darn mint has been selling two-roll sets of the last five designs of their pennies for $8.95 a set! Talk about a profit there! And most of 2009's pennies, dimes and nickels were evidently shipped to Puerto Rico!
As far as the factory captilizing to the collector, I don't think they're there yet. These 92 guns were mistakes...and it wasn't realized until the first group got to Lipsey's. Lipsey's discovered the error and they were returned to the factory.
....and...we have all heard how many "mistakes" have been coming from the factory lately.
Chet15

flatgate

Hawkeye
I finally got a chance to pick up the one I scored a couple of weeks ago!

520-21427 Blued box label. "Red " grips.

390844062.jpg

Added pic.

flatgate

bwindle

Bearcat
how much are these guns selling for i just got one blued with grey grips the ruger dealer told me the price would double in value cause there was only 100 out there and only 94 was recovered

danjoe2006

Bearcat
my dealer had three, i got mine for $600. i think he sold one over the phone to a forum member. the last one went to G.B. and went for $735. saw another one on G.B. a few weeks back with a BUY NOW of $850 and that's what it went for. as far as mine, brown grips, label says blued and ser.# 520-21564.

flatgate

Hawkeye
My guess that only a small percentage will be "fired". Now, on the other hand, the "Shootist" version, IMHO, has a much higher probability of being shot!

:D

flatgate