Single-Sixer
C
IMG_6965.jpeg
IMG_6966.jpeg
IMG_6967.jpeg
Changed up my little display for Mesquite Texas show this weekend

KWend54

Single-Sixer
Thank you! Yes, 42 was discussed several months ago.
The plexiglass stands are commercially made, good way to display guns in a gun room or table. Don't like leaving them in cases or boxes.
Here is one wall ….the opposite wall has Rugers on it. You can see how I display them in my little gun closet.

And the red tube is actually a Ruger tumbler. My wife makes coffee/beverage cups and that one has the Ruger phoenix on it.

Attachments

• IMG_5402.jpeg
    IMG_5402.jpeg
    387.7 KB · Views: 47

contender

Ruger Guru
Lots of nice Ruger guns,, and other goodies in these pictures. That boxed Hawkeye, the mahogany cased Super longframe,, the 2-digit,,, the 10" FT with stags, the Tri-Color, the,,, aaww heck,, ALL of them!

contender

Ruger Guru
"Any of it for sale?"

Generally,,, folks who display,, don't sell stuff like that. Unless a better example of something comes along.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
"Any of it for sale?"

Generally,,, folks who display,, don't sell stuff like that. Unless a better example of something comes along.
My point exactly since the Mesquite Show is for buying and selling. I do not understand renting a table for display only but there is always a guy around DFW shows parked by the front door with a bunch of first generation Colt SAAs that really aren't for sale either.

KWend54

Single-Sixer
My point exactly since the Mesquite Show is for buying and selling. I do not understand renting a table for display only but there is always a guy around DFW shows parked by the front door with a bunch of first generation Colt SAAs that really aren't for sale either.
No …not for sale….. and there is no rule that says the Mesquite show is for buying and selling! The sign out front says "show" …. that's what I'm doing. Many people enjoy seeing, and like to learn about the old Rugers.
Sorry you don't understand😉

GasGuzzler

Hunter
Understand not wanting to drive 80 miles to look at things not for sale at a for sale or trade event.

The advertisements say and always have said "buy, sell, and trade".

I don't need an exhibit any more than a purse or beef jerky. But shows have become tombs. I no longer go because of such.

You're allowed to pay for a table to not sell. Don't get butt hurt when people think it's silly to buy a table to display things NOT for sale. Maybe someone should come up with a venue where people would pay to only look at someone's stuff. That might really be a big deal for some.

MSG.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
"I do not understand renting a table for display only"

I truly understand your point.

However,, many collectors do enjoy just doing displays. Sadly,, there aren't enough people that are willing to do just displays to where it can be affordable to put out just a "display show."

A lot of gun shows do rent tables to displayers that do nothing but show stuff. Heck, the NRA Convention/Show coming up has a lot of that. Plus,, vendors & manufacturers will be there showing stuff. No gun sales,, but other items may be offered.

But regular gun shows,, often have various collectors groups that DO get together & put up displays of their stuff. Ruger Owners & Collectors Society, (ROCS) do shows across the country, and it helps promote Ruger interest, collecting & also EDUCATES a lot of people about Rugers. The same goes for other firearm collectors groups. Thanks to going to gun shows,, and seeing "just displays," I have enjoyed admiring rare, unusual, famous, one-of-a-kinds, and all sorts of things that were just displays.

In fact,, my own experience in it,, LONG LONG ago,, (about 1980) I went going to a gun show where Bill Hamm had a display. It allowed me to realize there were Ruger collectors & all kinds of interesting things ABOUT Rugers. It educated me and I decided to dedicate a lot of my enjoyment of Rugers into a life long event. I've been doing displays,, paying money for tables, the expense of motels, meals, gas & my time,, JUST to display.

And by doing so,, many collectors are able to meet folks who may have something to sell, and we've been able to add to our collections.

But the biggest reward is helping another person with something about THEIR Rugers. I have several good stories about meeting strangers who had a question, or needed something, or whatever,, that I've personally helped.

To me,, the time & expense of "just doing displays" when these things happen goes well beyond the money it cost me to do it.

Oh, and I've driven much more than 80 miles (one way,) to do it for every show I've displayed at. Living life is not always about money.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
In my gun show dream world, the venue has all tables full of guns, ammo, loading supplies like the ads state. In my gun show dream world, there are no purses, peanut brittle, chinese throwing stars, or services for sale. In my gun show dream world, everything is for sale and marked with a legible price.

I'd even pay more to get in if this were so. I'd drive 80 miles one-way through the hell of DFW. But alas, 'tis a pipe dream...

I wouldn't take a dozen classic cars to a wholesale used car auction and park them for display either. To each his own.