327 Federal Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

R77PA

Single-Sixer
Have an opportunity to buy a used one. How rare are these? First one I saw and from a quick cataloge review I noticed they were only available on year 2011.

frankenfab

Single-Sixer
They are still on the Ruger site. I think they are just hard to get right now. There was typically only one or two on GB when I was looking for and found mine.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
I would grab it if you like the large frame and 8 shots. A lot of us wished it was made on the mid frame in 6 shots and hoping Ruger will make one. If they do, I think it will be more popular and if so, it may replace the large frame.

contender

Ruger Guru
I have one & truly enjoy it. I'm currently awaiting a few custom bullet molds to cast some slugs that will really make this gun shine!

frankenfab

Single-Sixer
Hondo44 said:
I would grab it if you like the large frame and 8 shots. A lot of us wished it was made on the mid frame in 6 shots and hoping Ruger will make one. If they do, I think it will be more popular and if so, it may replace the large frame.
That would be awesome!

I personally like the frame size with the 8 shots. The weight isn't too much. It does even out the recoil, as mild as it is anyhow. And they are nice looking guns as well.

Don Lovel

Hunter
I wanted to buy one and have a Bowen conversion to a 3 1/2" barrel with Birdshead grip frame. However, as the esteemed Mr Bowen educated me about, the availability of the grip frame pieces to do it right was going to make it too time consuming and very expensive. On top of whatever I spent on the project gun, the work from Mr Bowen would be well over $2000 in addition.

I have not given up on the project yet, but it may only have a trimmed barrel length and some sort of alteration to the stock grip frame.

I was unable to purchase one for under $600 with FFL transfer fee if I was to orderone on line

ThundarStick

Bearcat
I bought mine at a local gun shop about a year ago and paid over $600 then! I love the 327 round and have five guns for that shoot it. The blackhawk is is a real joy to shoot, although I must admit that I shoot the GP100 more than all the others combined, the weight of the BH makes it a real fluffy kittens cat. My wish list for Ruger is the 4 inch SP101 in 327 six shooter, and a new SSM type single six! I can dream!

sp327

Single-Sixer
I have to agree with ThunderStick on the 4 inch adjustable sight SP101. I would have to buy one. That would be the gun they should have come out with a long time ago

mustang99

Single-Sixer
4" SP and a Single Six with a n extra hole in 327, now thos are some GOOD ideas.....