.30 Carbine Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Greg Mercurio

Single-Sixer
Picked up a Blackhawk in .30 carbine over the weekend from a fellow forum member. Like new, low S/N, low round count, price was right, what more could you ask for? How about neglible recoil, and abundant accuracy! Great shooting pistol, I couldn't ask for more. Waiting for the ground squirrels to finish their naps. I think we'll thin the herd a bit later. As Phil says: Happy, Happy, Happy. :mrgreen:

frank n texas

Single-Sixer
I hear they look like a flame thrower at night...lol

I have one but have never fired it...

Ammo hard to find and/or expensive right now....

Time should heal that wound

Congrats

frank n texas

Jim Puke

Hunter
frank n texas said:
I hear they look like a flame thrower at night...lol

I have one but have never fired it...

Ammo hard to find and/or expensive right now....

Time should heal that wound

Congrats

frank n texas

I have heard the same and saw a couple of videos that demonstrated it...cool

eveled

Hawkeye
I've always wanted a 30/30 single action revolver, the .30 carbine is a close second. Hope you enjoy yours.. Ed.

eveled

Hawkeye
I've always wanted a 30/30 single action revolver, the .30 carbine is a close second. Hope you enjoy yours.. They must have been a real hoot back in the day when the surplus ammo was available. Ed.

Greg Mercurio

Single-Sixer
I was fortunate to get some ammo, brass, and bullets with the pistol so I'm set for a long time. I'll have to shoot it after dark to verify the flamethrower effect. I suspect it performs as advertised. :)

damienph

Bearcat
My .30 Carbine Blackhawk is one of my favorite revolvers. I scoped mine; helps me make use of its accuracy out past 100 yards. It does have some muzzle blast that is noticeable, especially at dusk, with some ammunition but I think that it's reputation as a flame thrower is somewhat exaggerated.
I handload 90gr Hornady XTPs for mine, very effective on coyotes.

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
Fire it one time and all the ground squirrels will wake up real fast. They are a lot of fun to shoot, i have one that was made in 1968 that goes to the range two or three times a year.

Tellico

Buckeye
Greg Mercurio said:
I was fortunate to get some ammo, brass, and bullets with the pistol so I'm set for a long time. I'll have to shoot it after dark to verify the flamethrower effect. I suspect it performs as advertised. :)

If you have it shortened to 4 5/8 like my old model you won't need to wait until dark! :lol:
Fred

Smee781

Single-Sixer
I also have a 30 Blackhawk and had mine cut to 5 1/2, that is a fun gun to shoot in the evening. You may also want to put on double hearing protection if you shoot production ammo, it is loud out if that little gun. I would not sell mine, to much fun and such little recoil, I also had a few rounds that would stick in the cylinderafter firing from time to time so you may want to bring a rod to punch out the empties if they get stuck. Happy tree rat hunting.

xtratoy

Buckeye
I just recently picked up an OM 30 carbine. It doesn't seem any louder than the rest of my revolvers with either foam earplugs or ear muffs. With factory Prvi 110 FMJ ammo it shot 7.5" high @ 20 yards. :shock: Loaded up some 90 grain Hornady XTP's with 16.5 gr of H110 and it brought the group down to Point Of Aim at 20 yards. I will use the factory ammo for shooting at stuff way out there! :lol:

Latest posts