30 carbine BH worth?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hankus

Blackhawk
That works great as long as someone else doesn't buy it.
You can also shoot 32 Mag. and 32-20 in the new model. The old models have a recessed cylinder so I could not shoot 32-20s.
Mine was VERY hard to extract the Mil. Surplus cases. Most of the time I had to remove the cylinder to get them out. My reloads were not that great. They are fun to shoot and are very accurate and flat shooting..
View attachment 34098
How about .327 Federal Magnum? One of these has been on my list for a long time… I've just never run across one that was a "steal". That's how I prefer to add to my collection. If it will chamber .327 it would make a fun companion piece to my 4-5/8" Single-Seven.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Quite honestly I feel it is one of the loudest rounds out of a pistol, like a 32 magnum as well. I can only imagine what the 327 Federal is like.
What are the PSI/CUP max ratings on the .32 mag and the .327 Federal? At least those are both designed to be fired in handgun-length barrels, NOT 18" rifle barrels.

Paul B

Hunter
Yeah, they're loud all right. If your cylinder walls are like mine, they're rougher than a cob. Could be they need to be that way so the brass doesn't back up tight and tie up the gun. I'd polish mine out a bet but that could create a more serious problem.
Paul B.

raf

Bearcat
$600 out-the-door price for 1975 NM .30 Carbine Revolver. 95% finish. No box/papers. Wooden grips a bit chipped/worn.

I hope you work a price out that you can pick it up. I think you'll have fun with it unless you have the sticky cylinder problem. I had it and had to have the cylinder sent off to be honed. After that it shoots great. My hardest to eject rounds were the steel Russian TulAmmo but the milsurp was real bad in two holes.
No I'm going to have to dig it out and shoot it some more. It's been a while.

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
I went to an auction this morning . There was a model 30 carbine there . New model, no box or papers about a 95 % gun . It brought $900 with a 10% buyers premium on top of that plus 6% pa. Sales tax . 😐

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
Yeah ! I went to the Auction specifically for a new in box marlin 22 mag which I did get at a fair price . Had this 30 carb in mind as well, but not for this $ . There also was a Blackhawk 41 mag in same condition as the 30. It went for $ 700 .....

Latest posts