10/22 Stainless Steel with Boat Paddle Stock

Help Support Ruger Forum:

markn30135

Single-Sixer
Hello, looking for some information, actually any information on a 10/22 with a boat paddle stock, of course a valuation would help too!

Thank you,

Mark

What information are you looking for? They're the early synthetic stock version 10/22. Some people like them, some don't.

Any guess at value would require a serial number to date it and good pictures to see it's condition. The boat paddle stocks do normally bring a premium. The best thing to do is look at similar guns on GunBroker and see what they're actually selling for.

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
Not to get in a who is right war but the boat paddle 10/22 stocks are not early production 10/22s they were offered about a year or two ago. The stock will bring pretty good money alone I have seen some sale for around $100 but I have seen rifles as you discribe for $200 - $300 depending on condition. I hope this helps.

markn30135

Single-Sixer
Thank you everyone. I have a chance to buy one, new in the box it appears..............guess I might as well go get it.

chet15

Hawkeye
The boat paddle stock was the first type of Zytel stock Ruger offered for their long guns, and in the stainless 10/22 model came out in late 1996 or early 1997. Ruger made them as boat paddle type stocks because the technology wasn't around at the time apparently to keep a Zytel type stock from having large voids in the stock through the mold process if it were a normal fully shaped stock. This is also why the M77 boat paddle stocks had Zytel inserts in the grip and forearm areas.
The boatpaddle 10/22 lasted to about 2001 when the technology finally reached a point for Ruger's contractor to make the "full" shape Zytel stocks "RPF".
Chet15

Thanks Chet.

I didn't know the actual years or the history. The one I have was bought new by my dad at WalMart and the serial number puts it at around 1997 which fits in with your range and when he probably bought it. I've keep it because it matches my stainless M77 MKII. Some day I'll have a stainless 77/22 just like it.

HSG

markn30135

Single-Sixer
Nope, he sold it................ugh

Oh well, lots of nice information I have now in case one ever pops up again..........

reakin

Single-Sixer
I always liked the boat paddle stocks. I bought one and hogged out the barrel channel for a bull barrel. Just haven't decided what to do with the step at the end for the barrel band.

100_0372.jpg

reakin