Steel Challenge With 10/22 Today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
Steel Challenge complete 1.jpg

Shot a Steel Challenge match today with my Ruger 10/22 and really enjoyed it. This is a very light gun weighing in at just over 3 pounds. The Tactical Solution barrel is 16 inches long but only has 11 inches of rifling.

Receiver is Ruger from a friend that gave it to me for Christmas. Trigger is Power's Custom and is set at 1 pound 3 ounces. It's been reliable for 900 rounds so far. I'm still breaking this gun in with CCI Mini Mags.

Weather was perfect today at 92° and no wind at all. Beautiful sunny day in Arizona that we've come to expect.

I did all right. Had a few jams so I'm going to have to inspect my magazines and see if I can fix the bad ones. I decided to try something different and used my left index finger to point the gun at the targets. It turned out to be much faster so I'm going to stick with it for a while.

Only problem was Outer Limits. I did my personal best on it but ended up getting 12 seconds in penalties. I shoot from a wheelchair and have to shoot everything from the center box. That makes it 4 seconds in penalties for each string. Oh Well, that's the rule.

Got sunburned but not dehydrated today. I drank 6 bottles of Gatorade and 2 of water.

A fun day. Can't wait until next month's match when it should be 100 plus.

contender

Ruger Guru
Steel Challenge is a fun game. it's AMAZING at some of the times posted by the top shooters out there for a single string.