Would you pay this much?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rclark

Hunter
$650 would be more like it :) . The answer for me would be NO. But hey, as long as seller and buyer are happy :) . I notice the grip panels fit a lot better than what they put on today....

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
lfpiii said:
At the last local show so guy was selling three. Each at $650.00 I should have bought them.

Three, unfired in the factory box with all original paperwork?

bogus bill

Hunter
I feel like rip van winkle. I am old and actively built up most my collection in the 60`s, 70`s and 80`s. I haven't bought but maybe three guns in the last 20 years. The most I ever spent for any gun was about $250`s and that was for a colt new frontier. Maybe $300 for a rifle or two. I own a couple of Pythons that probably have went up 6X or more in price. I bought a unfired 1959 ruger single six for $200 in 1990. Now retired for the last 19 years I cant believe the prices people will pay. I guess it`s all relative due to inflation. I recall working a rough job and was happy to get a buck a hour. Trouble is us old guys remember it and cant adjust.

bigbill

Single-Sixer
I thought I might of paid too much for a ruger single six in stainless with both cylinders with a 6 1/2" barrel I paid $400. But it's in excellent condition.

I paid $1,000 each for two RedHawks 5.5" bbl in 357/41 mags. That's my limit.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
I would not but I understand why someone else would.

I saw a (claimed) BNIB .357/9mm Old Model convertible in the box at the Allen gun show last weekend for $895. It was a little newer as it had a hyphenated serial number.

smith1961

Blackhawk
"What ever the market will bear" is an old saying..................

I myself being a .41 mag freak would love to find an old model package like that in .41 maggie.
It would still only be a $1200-1300 gun to me
8)

Luckyducker

Single-Sixer
This proves the old adage, "theirs a sucker born every minute", BOTOH, something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I know I wouldn't have gave any where near this price for it even if I dreamed passionately about it every night.