RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ruger Wrangler
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:34 pm 
Hunter

I will wait a while, but I agree it will probably sell well as compared to a heritage just because its a Ruger .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:56 pm 
Hunter

I don't get this either... Doesn't look like you have a barrel length choice. I will stick with the Single Six myself. I am sure this will appeal to some though. Haven't seen a fixed sighted single six in awhile...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:10 pm 
Hunter

I think it will work out well for Ruger. Not everyone can afford a top of the line firearm and Ruger is not discontinuing the other lines but giving an opportunity for new customers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:17 pm 
Blackhawk

Big Old Boy wrote:
I think it will work out well for Ruger. Not everyone can afford a top of the line firearm and Ruger is not discontinuing the other lines but giving an opportunity for new customers.

EXACTLY!!!!

No one has even touched one yet and mostly negative comments. I wonder if that happened when Bill introduced the lightweight Single Six or the Bearcat. Probably not.....no internet then.

Dan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:40 pm 
Hawkeye

chet15 wrote:
It is interesting that Ruger would abandon the trademark "Single-Six Wrangler" and just go with the "Wrangler" trademark. Chet15

I see it as admitting this thing is something less than a classic, high-quality Single-Six.

I see the Heritage Roughriders go over the gun shop counters for $150 and next to one of these things the Roughriders look spectacular. My BIL has one and it's a nice little pistol . . . no Single-Six, but not bad at all.

JMHO

:roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:55 pm 
Hunter

I like it. Inexpensive and I bet it last forever. Complaining reminds me of when the LCR came out - turns out that one has been pretty successful.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:06 pm 
Bearcat

I was hoping for something more up scale versus down. :(

I prefer my guns to be built to a "Standard" versus a "Price Point".

Last edited by BrewsterII on Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:10 pm 
Blackhawk

I'm interested.

I've got a decent sized collection and have more revolvers than semi autos. But I don't have any single actions yet. I've been interested in getting my first SA but what hangs me up is I'd rather spend money on reloading supplies to feed all the revolvers I already own. Thus, every time I contemplate getting a SA or trading a gun for a SA I get hung up on the idea that any SA is going to be nothing but a toy in my collection. It's not like I carry every single gun in my collection, but most have a practical purpose. A SA in my collection would be nothing but a toy.

Now a Ruger SA for $175-200 in a caliber I don't have to reload for and a caliber I'm already stocked up on...that's a toy which is much easier to justify purchasing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:19 pm 
Hawkeye

The $249 MSRP Wrangler.

https://ruger.com/products/wrangler/models.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:48 pm 
Hawkeye

Now that I've had my tantrum . . .

The "comparable" Single-Six is a steel-framed, nicely-blued revolver with fixed sights but including a Magnum cylinder for $699 MSRP.

https://ruger.com/products/newModelSing ... /0629.html

Yep, a big difference between that and the Wrangler. For many, that's a rather serious consideration, even though the Magnum cylinder might have limited appeal. Considering a "new generation" of gun buyers who might not be as wed to traditional construction and finish as some of us Olde Phartes I can see the appeal. And as mentioned, quite a few Olde Phartes might just see this new thing as more of a Ruger-themed toy than a serious firearm or just a working farm gun that they aren't afraid to get a little dirty on a daily basis. There are some new realities in play here, I understand that.

If the things have a decent "feel" and are as accurate as their Single-Six counterparts, Ruger might just sell a couple bazillion of them. Also, I note that they come in various colors, which seems to be a major sales point these days.

;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:45 am 
Single-Sixer

Look really cheaply done. I had better looking cap guns when I was a kid.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:50 am 
Bearcat

It looks nice for the price, they are probably trying to get some of the market from the cheaper Heritage .22 that is in every Dunham's flyer I get. The Wrangler looks better than that one, too bad there is no adjustable sights, I have no use for a .22 that I can't sight in and I already have a single six .22/.22Mag.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:52 am 
Single-Sixer

If they prove to be worth a crap, I imagine they will sell a ton of them.

I saw one dealer advertising them for $189 and if the "real world" reviews are positive, I'll likely buy one.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:17 am 
Buckeye

They added an inexpensive .22lr revolver to their lineup that could get a new shooter into it at a price point that is very attractive.

I’m really not seeing anything that is not to like. It’s always great for more options in firearms from a reputable company. It’s the new Ruger LW...it’s just 2019

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:27 am 
Hawkeye

s4s4u wrote:
Enigma wrote:
I read elsewhere that it's supposedly a budget version of the Single Six. Guess they're trying to compete with Heritage Arms now.

Compete with Heritage? Now that's a good one. I can't see Ruger sinking to that level ;-)

Actually, I can. Heritage Arms, and their dealers have been very good at promoting the Heritage revolvers to be every bit as good as a Ruger, at less than half the cost. And the buyers that don't know better are convinced. Heritage revolvers are selling extremely well here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42  Next