New Ruger .22 Revolver Introduced

Help Support Ruger Forum:

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Picked up my three Wranglers from Smokey Mountain Guns today. :D :D

My grandfather always said "You get more gun for your money with a Ruger" and he would have liked this one. :wink:
Well worth the money,,,just a good solid shooter that is pleasing to the eye and dos not break the bank ! The only change I would recommend is a slightly thicker front sight,,,my old eyes had trouble with that thin blade, :) :wink:

Put 50 rounds through the Bronze revolver and found it to be about 3" low and about 2" left from a bench @ 15 yds
I blacked out the front sight and that helped with my sight picture. This is going to be a fun little revolver,, :mrgreen:

Terry

I took my revolver and removed the EJRH and noted that the guns serial # is also on the barrel.

rugerfreak

Single-Sixer
Looked one(black) over the other day but just couldn't do it and took home a new Charger instead.

Maybe if they come out with an adjustable sight version, I'll get one but as of now, I'm going to have to pass.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Too bad he isn't more familiar with the guns before he starts talking.

LGS has them at $199 OTD. A couple have come back. Cylinder gap and grip fit (both above .100 daylight shows through) seem to be the as-delivered conditions. Anyone have sight-clocking issues yet?

Mine is fine and fit/finish for a $200 is acceptable. I have the silver model and I found the sights difficult to see clearly. So, I blacked out the rear sight trough and painted the front blade florescent green. This "modification" will make the sight much more visible for these elderly eyes...

Dave

Kevin Keith

Bearcat
I got mine! I'm going to pick up a black cerakote model when I find one. I popped off a cylinder full and will give it a proper outing soon. I'm a happy Ruger Camper.

P6F34OU.jpg

57springer

Buckeye
Kevin Keith said:
I got mine! I'm going to pick up a black cerakote model when I find one. I popped off a cylinder full and will give it a proper outing soon. I'm a happy Ruger Camper.

P6F34OU.jpg
Nice ............ :lol: They get addictive !

contender

Ruger Guru
"So, what do you all think about the odds of ANY previous handgun being so instantly popular and affordable, that more than several buyers would purchase three of the same model at the same time? I know that these firearms forums are a relatively new phenomenon (for a geezer like me, who goes back more than seven decades), but I have never seen the likes of this before. Think Ruger "hit it out of the park"?"

I'd like to address this post.

The Ruger LCP actually did this & much more. Upon it's introduction, within 2 weeks there was over 85,000 orders placed for it. It set new industry sales records by a large margin.

Looks like another winner for Ruger here!

louiethelump

Buckeye
It makes me smile at the posts from the nay sayers on the first page or two of this thread. Each new item from Ruger, and other makers too, (although I gave up on the S&W board when they became an elite collector society) get a share of nay sayers about every new development.

This gun has taken off because of value for the dollar, while maintaining reasonable quality. (precision accuracy is really not needed most of the time, and most don't shoot well enough to even be able to tell)

contender said:
"So, what do you all think about the odds of ANY previous handgun being so instantly popular and affordable, that more than several buyers would purchase three of the same model at the same time? I know that these firearms forums are a relatively new phenomenon (for a geezer like me, who goes back more than seven decades), but I have never seen the likes of this before. Think Ruger "hit it out of the park"?"

I'd like to address this post.

The Ruger LCP actually did this & much more. Upon it's introduction, within 2 weeks there was over 85,000 orders placed for it. It set new industry sales records by a large margin.

Looks like another winner for Ruger here!

Contender I was going to bring that up as well. We were both at the SHOT Show, that the LCP was brought out. I heard all kinds of numbers about how many were being ordered. This is the first time I've actually heard a number. The numbers thrown around at the show were much higher, but that's still a pretty good lick in such a short time. Thanks for bringing that up.

contender

Ruger Guru
Actually,, I missed the SHOT the year the LCP was introduced. I had my FoNRA banquet that I chair the same week. BUT,, I did go to the NRA Convention in May after that & was talking with Mr. Fifer. He gave me that number of orders & such.
I made me recall a discussion I'd had several years before with Bob Stutler,, (Head of the Prescott plant,) about the "new" .17 HMR rifle & how it had sold 30,000 units the first year. He said that was a VERY good number,, and considered very successful. When Mr. Fifer said 86,000 in 2 weeks I almost fell over. It'll be curious to see how many Wranglers sell this year.

57springer

Buckeye
louiethelump said:
It makes me smile at the posts from the nay sayers on the first page or two of this thread. Each new item from Ruger, and other makers too, (although I gave up on the S&W board when they became an elite collector society) get a share of nay sayers about every new development.

This gun has taken off because of value for the dollar, while maintaining reasonable quality. (precision accuracy is really not needed most of the time, and most don't shoot well enough to even be able to tell)
I agree, excellent value for the dollar amount , and not so much plastic , except the grips !! 8)

mac66

Single-Sixer
FergusonTO35 said:
I'm hoping an adjustable sights version comes along too.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting. The Wrangler is intended as an entry level single action. If it was anything more it would be a single 6. If you want adjustable sights buy a single 6.

cowboydave

Single-Sixer
Only thing I would change on mine is I want 10 shots instead of six. I can't keep ammo in mine.

57springer

Buckeye
mac66 said:
FergusonTO35 said:
I'm hoping an adjustable sights version comes along too.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting. The Wrangler is intended as an entry level single action. If it was anything more it would be a single 6. If you want adjustable sights buy a single 6.
Hard to say on this one , time will tell :D