Question re 10/22 and Boyds Stock

Help Support Ruger Forum:

This Guy

Bearcat
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Boyds rimfire hunter stock for my 10/22. I love the look and feel of it.

However, I noticed that the stock has an escutcheon and it is too narrow for the takedown screw.

How do people generally deal with this? It doesn't seem to make sense that the escutcheon would not be sized for the standard screw. Any help is appreciated!

This Guy

Bearcat
Thanks for the response. I was able to get a hold of someone at Boyds. She knew what I was going to say before I finished my sentence. Apparently it is not uncommon for the fit to be super tight. I'll try again later today and try to really force it in there (per her suggestion).

wwb

Hunter
Don't know offhand what the screw size is, but running a tap through it shouldn't be too much of a big deal.

I put a Boyd's Varmint stock on a 10/22 some years back, and it was properly threaded for the captive screw.

Achigan

Single-Sixer
wwb said:
Don't know offhand what the screw size is, but running a tap through it shouldn't be too much of a big deal.

I put a Boyd's Varmint stock on a 10/22 some years back, and it was properly threaded for the captive screw.

Achigan

Single-Sixer
This Guy said:
Thanks for the response. I was able to get a hold of someone at Boyds. She knew what I was going to say before I finished my sentence. Apparently it is not uncommon for the fit to be super tight. I'll try again later today and try to really force it in there (per her suggestion).
Half an hour old and no one has posted a double entendre!

This Guy

Bearcat
Achigan said:
This Guy said:
Half an hour old and no one has posted a double entendre!

Haha. Well, I tried again today and was successful. I think I was afraid of breaking it initially.

Now I just need to get to the range!