What's Your Dream Ruger Revolver?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I guess there is 2 revolvers I would add if they made it,, a 357 in an unfluted GP-100 Hunter model with a 7 to 8 inch barrel. in blue or stainless. Just for Varmint and small game duty.

The only double action that would trip my trigger today would be a 5 shot, 480 Ruger in a shaved Super Redhawk frame, in a 480 Ruger, with a plain smooth cylinder. This would be my factory dream gun since they made the 5 shot 4 5/8" 480 Bisley I asked for since the caliber was introduced. This big bruin tamer could be possible also,,

Hope Jason is listening, I think both these guns would be hard to keep on a shelf.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
It has been said before - one that works reliably and isn't full of sharp unfinished edges. I see these more and more these days.

The company needs a course correction in a big way, but with what management allows to ship lately, isn't very likely.

Want to prove single-piece-flow capabilities to me? A blued-steel 5" Security-Six in 22 WMRF with zero plastic content would float my canoe just fine. Not holding my breath, but the question was asked. 8)

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Those new half lug/adjustable sight GP's are as close to perfect as a GP can get. I want one in .38/.357, Ruger please make it a regular catalog item!!

jsh

Single-Sixer
needsmostuff said:
Ruger /Lipsley's has been very good to us .327 lovers but,,,,,,,, if they could go one more step. A convertible flat-top mid frame in .327 and 32-20. would complete the circle.

Bisley and plow handle, 45/8 through 71/2" barrel. I would also prefer a full length unfluted cylinder. Length would help with heavy bullets.
Jeff

mexicanjoe

Single-Sixer
I would have 2 actually: a 3 1/2" Redhawk in .357 magnum and six shot only as God has intended! The second is a service six with a 4" HEAVY. barrel and night sites with a Tom threepersons holster!!!!!

Build a Ruger/Talo Shopkeeper 22lr with 9 or 10 shot cylinder, birdshead grip in stainless Vaquero style.....yes I know a 6 shot version is available.....it's my dream just sayin'!

geiger

Single-Sixer
I would like to see a stainless flat top bisley with 4-5/8 in. barrel in 22lr with a 22mag cylinder, adj. sites.

338reddog

Single-Sixer
I would like a Bisley hunter with the barrel cut to 4 7/8 , no scope ring cuts and the flat top frame chambered in .44, and 454.
I wonder if the scope ring cuts could be welded and the top grooves recut? Who could do this work, I may just have it built.

Crazy Horse

Single-Sixer
My Harton custom 500 Linebaugh is my favorite.

As for the favorite factory guns the 5 1/2" stainless Bisleys for sure. I have the 357, 41, 44 and 45 convertible.

CrazyCarl

Bearcat
s4s4u said:
ChiefTJS said:
You'd get zero argument from me. Would love to see the Max come back and a 10" barrel would be an instant buy from me as well.

Ya, but with a Bisley handle ;-)
Yes, yes & yes!

RICHP said:
Mine is a .41 cal. Vaquero or Blackhawk (of any style) in stainless steel with a five and one half inch barrel. Dual cylinders in Magnum and Special would be a bonus.
They do occasional runs of stainless 5.5" .41 Bisleys. I have one & it is a sweet gun.

badge851 said:
A New Model Blackhawk® 41 Remington® Magnum 6½" Barrel in Stainless Steel.
Model 0409. Brought mine home last night & the Altamont slim panels arrived today.

index.php

My .41Mag Bisley Super Blackhawk Hunter was a dream gun for a long time, but now I have one. Then it was a stainless .41Mag Blackhawk, but now I have one. I know. Terrible, innit?

I'd love to see the .357Max come back. Never had one, but mucho want, bordering on need. A Bisley SBH Hunter with either a 7.5" or 10.5" barrel would really blow my skirt up. For that matter, a 10.5" SBH may well be "next" on the list.

The Super Redhawk without that ugly snout & a full lug 6" GP-100 barrel in .41 Magnum would certainly get my interest.

I'll admit to a strange attraction toward the 6.5" .480 Bisley SBH. Don't know why. The thought of lobbing 400+ gr boolits at 900fps makes me giggle.

jringo8769

Single-Sixer
well if i could have anything....there is only one for me...very early pre 1959 Ruger Flat Top Blackhawk ....44 mag or 45 Colt...4 5/8" barrel...case hardened frame...either custom Stag or Dall sheep grips with original Blackbird emblems installed and original grip screws and escutcheons...it does not get better than that with a matching vintage Lawrence Leather rig....with either 77 basket weave belt and holster or Plain belt and holster...drop leg with cartridge loops too...in brown....but this is totally off my head....God Bless,John

gak

Buckeye
FergusonTO35 said:
The .40 S&W is a sweet cartridge with lead bullets and mild charges but still packs a decent punch. I would love to see some wheelguns so chambered, either single or double action.

+1 (read further)
I don't remember if I weighed in yet on this thread this go around, but my dream gun is a "triple threat" 3 cylinder New Vaquero (midframe) .38-40/10mm/.40SW, in any and all trims and barrel lengths, but if one only - CCH'd blue in the Goldilocks 5.5". The. 38WCF "just because" with nice exaggerated (blackpowder) chamfer, 10mm fluteless for hunting, and .40SW with standard Vaquero flutes/chamfer for cheap(er) range, plinking and trail/camp snake shot. (Add the above in a blued Blackhawk also). I have an early New Vaq .357 as a potential donor that's been waiting for funds to customize into this dream. Come on Ruger!