Is this something new

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
I'm in the dark here I have the 5.5 and 6.5 inch models GKNR-5F & 6F is this something new form Lipsey ?????

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/633864755

hittman

Staff member
The description in the ad .....

Stock Photo. Usually ships within 4-5 Business days of payment and FFL receipt.
•4 5/8 inch barrel
•6 Round Capacity
•Steel Frame
•Stainless Finish
•Wood Grips
•Fixed Sights
•Two cylinders included (22LR & 22Mag)
•LIPSEY'S EXCLUSIVE
•Comes with manual, lock, and factory box

waterboy452

Bearcat
Yes, these were mentioned in Day Two of Gunblast.com's videos of Shot Show 2017. Same video that mentioned the SS .44 special Flattop Bisley's, 3 3/4" Bisley 45 colt/45 acp convertibles, Short barrel Bisley 454 and 480. Supposed to be a satin finish, instead of high gloss like the New Vaquero's. Looks interesting.

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
hittman said:
The description in the ad .....

Stock Photo. Usually ships within 4-5 Business days of payment and FFL receipt.
•4 5/8 inch barrel
•6 Round Capacity
•Steel Frame
•Stainless Finish
•Wood Grips
•Fixed Sights
•Two cylinders included (22LR & 22Mag)
•LIPSEY'S EXCLUSIVE
•Comes with manual, lock, and factory box

Yes I read that but here is what I know form the info I received from one of our members in the know regarding the single six revolvers. Notice the number of GKNR4F made. Guess I need to make a phone call to Lipsey.

1994 1st production, marked Ruger Single Six .22 Cal. on frame:
GKNR5F, 5 ½",500 made
GKNR6F, 6 ½", 500 made

1995 production:
GKNR5F-I (Ivory grips, scrimshaw black eagles, no medallions) Special distributor model 1206 made

1998 production, marked RUGER .22 CAL. NEW MODEL SINGLE-SIX:
GKNR4F: only 3 MADE!
GKNR5F: 2600 MADE
GKNR6F: 1100 MADE

2002-2004 production:
KRB-24FW (Bisley .22 4 5/8" Fixed sight With engraved cyl) Special distributor model 945 made

Thru 2005 clean up guns:
GKNR5F: ~300 MADE
GKNR6F: ~300 MADE

Totals 3 R4Fs, 4,606 R5Fs and 1,900 R6Fs.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Interesting for sure! I emailed him and ask for the end lable printing, have not heard back yet.

I own a GKNR-4F, And in the latest RENE a forum member found the fifth known GKNR-4F. This will be an interesting model, the finish has me curious.
Terry

Here we go, http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RUKNR4F

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
T.A. WORKMAN said:
Interesting for sure! I emailed him and ask for the end lable printing, have not heard back yet.

I own a GKNR-4F, And in the latest RENE a forum member found the fith known GKNR-4F. This will be an interesting model, the finish has me curious.
Terry

Here we go, http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RUKNR4F

Thanks Terry I was hoping you would come along and find something that would make some since out of what this is. The finish in the GB photo looked to be polished but say brushed in the add from Lipsey. There for a moment, looking at the GB ad I thought I found the lost ark. I looked on the Lipsey site but did not find what you found. Would you be so kind as to let me see a photo of your GKNR-4F so I could dream a little.

hittman

Staff member
So.....only 3 made is now only 503 made. :?: Until of course another distributor wants a few hundred more.

Seems this is not at all uncommon ..... correct?

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
hittman said:
So.....only 3 made is now only 503 made. :?: Until of course another distributor wants a few hundred more.

Seems this is not at all uncommon ..... correct?

hittman,
From what I have learned this gun will be a "brushed" SS finish KNR-4F not a "hi-polish" finish like the 5 known original GKNR-4F guns.That in my mind would make this a different variation for collectors of these guns, and as usual a "letter" from Ruger will be mandatory on the GKNR-4F revolvers to seperate them from KNR-4F guns.

Two different variations of a 4" SS, FS, .22 Cal. revolver, from two different distributors made years apart as well as two different serial number ranges, I would call that uncommon, as a collector if your a shooter then not so much.

I bought the gun mentioned in this post and the seller won't have the gun until this week-end so he could not give me the end label info or actual serial number.

My $0.02

Terry

I have a single six I purchased new in May '97. Serial number indicates '95 mfg. It and my Vaquero 44 Mag came with the same Ivory colored grips with medallions, no scrimshaw. Receipt indicates model GKNRI5-F but is handwritten. Box has no model or serial info. I do not know how to post the picture.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
jerryp5878 said:
I have a single six I purchased new in May '97. Serial number indicates '95 mfg. It and my Vaquero 44 Mag came with the same Ivory colored grips with medallions, no scrimshaw. Receipt indicates model GKNRI5-F but is handwritten. Box has no model or serial info. I do not know how to post the picture.

The GKNR-5-FI serial number range is #268-05150 thru #268-08118, 1,000 made for "The Avis Group".

Terry

Thanks TA! My SN is in that "The Avis Group" range. I'm really pleased to have the matching 44 and 22. Did not know how rare but had not seen another one.

Jerry

gknr4f

Bearcat
Some single sixes I own

2iv1udc.jpg

George

Blackhawk
LIPSEY'S EXCLUSIVE # KNVB-44X Ser#521-409xx Any one know how many were made? What year this one was made? I'm posting here because I looked in many posts and posted myself and most say Lipsey's do not give out that info. I'm hoping that someone here has the info on this for me being numbers where giving for some of there guns here.. Thanks! George

chet15

Hawkeye
George said:
LIPSEY'S EXCLUSIVE # KNVB-44X Ser#521-409xx Any one know how many were made? What year they were made? I'm posting here because I looked in many posts and posted myself and most say Lipsey's do not give out that info. I'm hoping that someone here has the info on this for me being numbers where giving for some of there guns here.. Thanks! George

Lipsey's came out with those a few years ago. They are also still listed on Lipsey's website.
As long as there are buyers, Lipsey's will continue to have them made.
Chet15

Latest posts