Single seven revolver

Help Support Ruger Forum:

calvin

Bearcat
Greetings all,
Would anyone happen to know if the "charge holes" on
the .22LR single seven revolver line up with the ejector
rod for loading and unloading as the cylinder "clicks" into place.

Thanks,
Cal.

NikA

Buckeye
Single 7 is in .327 Federal Magnum. My charge holes do not line up exactly but are very close. More the issue is the size of the loading gate in relation to the cartridge rim makes loading/unloading a "precision" operation.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Single 7s do not have Ruger's Reverse Indexing Pawl System like the New Vaqueros and NM Flat Top Blackhawks.

However, because they are a 7 shot, as NikA posted, they are very close. For that reason and because the loading is so tight for the 327 case rims, they all benefit from slightly enlarging the loading gate trough on one side to make the chambers line up.

When sent back to Ruger, they'll fix it for you for free including shipping. However, most people find it simpler to do it themselves. I've done several and it's a vast improvement.This is one of those applications that is perfect for a Dremel tool. You need about a 1/2" grinding bit and one for final polishing. Just don't go too deep at the bottom of the trough or you'll go thru to the inner frame. Not a problem, just unsightly.

I don't know about the Single Ten chamber alignment, I've never owned one. But with ten holes, they might align or can't be far off. If the chambers don't align, it would be even easier to fix the same way as above.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
The single ten ,being a rimfire, shoots a smaller diameter round that is located in the same plane in the cylinder as the .327's are.The loading port won't need to be enlarged but indexing will still be the same situation with no reverse indexing pawl. By roling the cylinder carefully and holding it when aligned with the ejector you will have no trouble.
Just a slight learning curve.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
My point above is:

The difference is that single ten chambers are only 36 degrees apart while the 327 chambers are 51.4 degrees apart.

Therefore the single 10 pawl clicks every 36 degrees. Since the loading gate trough is centered at ~ 40 degrees from top dead center, that means only a tiny 4 degree modification to the side of the trough will allow chambers to align properly at the pawl click.

That's just too easy to fix and eliminate the nuisance and the learning curve altogether.