Your Alter Ego?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The Blackhawk Kid

Blackhawk
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
710
Location
here 'n there
I don't know if this is a stupid idea. When fit hits the shan, and we all have to start packin, why not get yer gittup ready now! Take a picture and give us your retro-look. You can add an alias, or two. Ya, I couldn't act like a kid when I was a "Kid". I also like the suggestion in another post about researching old west real good guys and bad guys. Share what ya find out, Pard! Good or Bad idea. BHK :)
 

Snake45

Hawkeye
Joined
Mar 14, 2009
Messages
9,205
Location
+4020
Here's me and The Lovely Mrs. Snake, just another day at the post-apocalyptic office....

THE-GETAWAY.jpg
 
A

Anonymous

The Blackhawk Kid said:
I also like the suggestion in another post about researching old west real good guys and bad guys. Share what ya find out, Pard! Good or Bad idea. BHK :)

I think it's a good idea, researching and talking about old west good guys and bad guys. And here I'm talking about the real people, not made up film characters. When I was younger, I basically "studied" the old west and its cast of characters, good guys and bad guys. A lot of people would be surprised, I think, at what some of the bad guys really looked like as opposed to their portrayals in films. Belle Starr was probably one of the ugliest women to ever walk the earth. Kid Curry, a dangerous gun fighter and robber, looked like someone you could take out with one punch in a bar fight. Big Nose Kate, a sometimes traveling companion of Doc Holliday, was aptly named.

But take Tom Horn...now there was a true to life badass, and he looked the part as well. Tall and broad shouldered with a great mustache and piercing eyes, he looked like he'd just as soon kill you as look at you. And I think he often did, during the cattle wars. He was a crack shot and a hired killer. He was eventually hanged, but he may have been framed. It's said he knew too much about the hired killings arranged by some well-to-do cattle barons. Don't think we'll ever know his whole story.

All my old west books...histories, biographies, so-called autobiographies...all were lost in transit during a move back in the eighties. But I'll never forget reading those books and sort of daydreaming about the reality of the old west, and wishing I could go back for a day or two and see what it was really like.
 

The Blackhawk Kid

Blackhawk
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
710
Location
here 'n there
Well, I haven't figgered how to post a "pitchure" yet. I would be Randolph Scott in "A Lawless Street", as Marshall Kalem Ware. Besides, they didn't have forums and posts and laptops in 1885! BHK
 
Joined
Apr 4, 2009
Messages
6,391
Location
China Spring TX
Feminine version of this person:

http://www.beertripper.com/OffTopic/2011/ot_firefly_Jayne_Cobb.html

My husband claims I am more like Seth Bullock in Deadwood, but Jayne is much more fun and funny!
 

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
Joined
Oct 23, 2008
Messages
987
Location
NW Kansas
WendyZXZ said:
Feminine version of this person:

http://www.beertripper.com/OffTopic/2011/ot_firefly_Jayne_Cobb.html

My husband claims I am more like Seth Bullock in Deadwood, but Jayne is much more fun and funny!


Good choice :D
Too bad that show only ran one season.
 
Joined
Apr 4, 2009
Messages
6,391
Location
China Spring TX
JWhitmore44 said:
WendyZXZ said:
Feminine version of this person:

http://www.beertripper.com/OffTopic/2011/ot_firefly_Jayne_Cobb.html

My husband claims I am more like Seth Bullock in Deadwood, but Jayne is much more fun and funny!


Good choice :D
Too bad that show only ran one season.

One of the fun parts with Jayne is we have one of the hats like he wore. There is a woman in Canada who makes them. They are very warm so you are comfortable if silly looking in Winter, and you have to have a Blue Sun t-shirt to wear at the same time.
 
A

Anonymous

WendyZXZ said:
Too bad that show only ran one season.

Are you talking about Deadwood, the HBO series? It ran for three seasons...I have it all on DVD. One of my all time favorites
 

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
Joined
Oct 23, 2008
Messages
987
Location
NW Kansas
BIGDAWG said:
WendyZXZ said:
Too bad that show only ran one season.

Are you talking about Deadwood, the HBO series? It ran for three seasons...I have it all on DVD. One of my all time favorites

TV show called Firelfly http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_(TV_series)

I have the Deadwood series, crude but good series :D
 

flatgate

Hawkeye
Joined
Jun 18, 2001
Messages
6,784
Location
Star Valley, WY
I lived in Deadwood for a while, bending nails with a local Contractor and helped build a new bank. Most of the stuff seen on the TV show was B.S........

JMHO,

flatgate
 

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
Joined
Oct 23, 2008
Messages
987
Location
NW Kansas
flatgate said:
I lived in Deadwood for a while, bending nails with a local Contractor and helped build a new bank. Most of the stuff seen on the TV show was B.S........

JMHO,

flatgate


That's ok, when I watch TV I want to be entertained. If I want reality I'll step out the door into it :lol:
Even the reality shows on TV aren't reality.

I went through Deadwood a few years back on a bike trip. Spent the night there and checked out the town some what. Way too much of the casino scene for me. I have mixed feelings about what the casinos do for towns like that. I lived not to far from Cripple Creek Colorado for some time. I seen Cripple Creek before it became a Casino town. Although the folks that bought the property done a wonderful job of restoring the outside of those old buildings, they lost a lot of the charm by "modernizing" the interiors. I would go as far as saying that, if it wasn't for the casinos those old building would be falling down and in ill repair these days.

and since this is the Gallery :D

DeadwoodHBO-2.jpg
 
Top