WTS Ivory grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LSCG

Buckeye
Elephant Ivory #1

they are full size, standard thickness and are cut for a Magwell. I can add beveled bottoms, the MSH pin cut or the Bobtail cut at no extra charge.

price is SOLD!!!

Elephant Ivory #2

they are full size, standard thickness and are cut for a Magwell. I can add beveled bottoms, the MSH pin cut or the Bobtail cut at no extra charge.

price is SOLD!!!!

Elephant Ivory #3

this set does have a crack at the top of the right panel but it's solid and should never be an issue.

price is $275 shipped and insured. cannot sell Ivory to you if you live in New York, New Jersey, California and Washington state.

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
Dirkdiggler11 said:
Any chance you will have a few without the cut for magwell? Nice grips
He says he can add the bevels at no extra cost.

Bevels = cut for a standard (milspec) configuration.

Not beveled = cut straight for a mag well.

You can easily go from a mag well to a standard (beveled) cut, but not vice-versa.

At least that's how I understand it... the OP can give a definite answer. Absolutely beautiful work, by the way.

LSCG

Buckeye
KWYJIBO said:
Dirkdiggler11 said:

You can easily go from a mag well to a standard (beveled) cut, but not vice-versa.

At least that's how I understand it... the OP can give a definite answer. Absolutely beautiful work, by the way.

you are correct! :)

LSCG

Buckeye
Dirkdiggler11 said:

I can easily add the bevel and MSH pin cut to the remaining set if you want them.

I also plan to have some more 1911 sets and single action sets available in the next few weeks.

Dirkdiggler11

Bearcat
LSCG said:
KWYJIBO said:
Dirkdiggler11 said:

you are correct! :)

:oops: well thats kinda what I thought....I have never had a 1911 with magwell so I wasn't positive though...... I will be on the lookout for the others....would rather have some without the crack in the remaining set.....but to be honest I like the look without the bevel and cut out for mainspring housing pin....thank for the reply and again awesome looking grips

LSCG

Buckeye
I hate to spread drama but I do believe in honesty. i'm going to copy and paste three PM's between me and the guy who bought the last set. over three weeks ago I was under the impression that he was happy with the grips but tonight he tells me different. i'm doing this to prove i'm honest, that I don't cheat people and that have nothing to hide.

buyers reply over three weeks ago when he got the grips

Zane,
Received the grips today...just one problem...I am not wanting to use them...they are way to pretty....lol....thanks I am tickled to death....a big thanks and hopefully will be able to pick up a set of the mammoth ivory when u get to them.....I cannot describe how pleased I am with them...
Thanks shane

Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:31 pm

buyers reply at 1 am tonight.

Het Zane,
You asked me to let you know when I got the grips...I did and you did not acknowledge me back with a thank you or screw you or hey thanks!!.......I gave u 250 on the grips and thank god I had a set of slim grips screws to use ...if not my factory grips screws would have been wayy to thick......you polished the grips way to thin on the top grip screws......i can see the bevel on the screw holes .....I am a amateur on making grips......but I am not far behind u.....if I had access to ivory I would have never purchased from u...I would realize that I would let someone know the grips were super thin....the crack is getting a little darker.....I think the grip is too thin....when I tighten it down the crack spreads. You asked me to let u know when I got them. I did and u never got back with me.....please dont leave no one else in the shadow....give them the full description before u sell to them.....thanks for nothing

Sent: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:00 am

my reply to the buyer at 2:37am tonight.

Shane,

i'm sorry that I did not respond to you. I had some personal things going on at the time (specifically a sick family member) and it slipped my mind. had you responded that you were not happy with the grips at the time of purchase then i would definitely have responded. if you'll look back at our conversation you'll see i say "thanks!" in just about all my posts. i guess i figured you knew that i was appreciative of your business.

I test fit every set of grips i make right before i head to the post office. i put them on my Colt and tighten down the grip screws, if everything looks good then i send them out. if there's a problem then i fix it or the grips don't go out. I've made over 450 sets of grips and had over 300 customers and till now not one of them has ever been completely dissatisfied. i do my absolute best to make sure the customer is happy in the end and three weeks ago when you got the grips i was under the impression you were happy.

i did not leave you in the "shadow" as you say and i did give a full description of the grips including the crack. even going so far as to discount the grips further than i already had because of the crack and saying that i'd replace that panel if the grips ever broke. as far as the thickness is concerned they fit my Colt just fine and the other two sets(which were the same thickness as can be seen in the pictures) fit their new owners Guncrafter and Les Baer 1911's perfectly as you can see here. https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=559753

why didn't you contact me sooner if you felt there was a problem with the grips? why wait till over three weeks later? why not come to me and see if i would or could fix the problem? why act like i gave you a royal screwing?

even though it's well past my 10 day return policy i will give you a refund in full if you return the grips to me. and if you're this upset because i didn't reply to your last message with a "thanks" then again i do apologize.

Zane.

Sent: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:37 am

as I said before I have nothing to hide and wanted the truth to be posted before the buyer tries to unfairly slander me.

mikewriter

Blackhawk
I have several sets of grips Zane made - although no ivory - and have been very happy with all of them - and with my interaction with Zane.

LSCG

Buckeye
ruger randy said:
zane
well done sir. I did notice buyer had 6 posts & 3 were in your ad.

--------------------

ruger randy

mikewriter said:
I have several sets of grips Zane made - although no ivory - and have been very happy with all of them - and with my interaction with Zane.

thanks Randy! thanks Mike!

even though his behavior and wording in his last message seems mighty strange/fishy (at least to me) i'm willing to do what I can to make things right. who knows, maybe his wife or girlfriend found out how much he spent on grips and he's now trying to get out of the deal lol.

I will admit though it was bad manners on my part not to reply with a final thank you.

Tip

Single-Sixer
Zane,
I haven't bought grips from you, (yet) but you're a class act, sir.

I'm reminded that we all need to be granted a little grace from time to time.

Latest posts