WTB: RUGER RINGS FOR TANG SAFETY 77V

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pastor fred

Single-Sixer
Guys, I've got a sweet Model 77V Tang Safety in .308. I have a set of factory
rings for it, but I guess the rear ring is too tall. My scope won't adjust up even to the
horizontal cross-hair. I'm not sure what rings to use, so am looking to purchase a
set that somebody KNOWS will work with that model. Any help out there? I live
in Idaho.

Thanks for any help,
Fred

from what I recall, the rear ring base will be approx. 1/8" lower than the front, the front should be taller.....so you can mix and match from other ring sets as long as you keep that increment in mind, go taller as the scope bell gets larger in diameter...always best to try and keep the center of the scope as low and close to the barrels' bore as possible...........if you can measure the height of the bottom part of the rings set you have, we can try and find one to correspond.....same height bottoms (lower part of the rings) are the SAME front and rear of the mini ranch, and the MK series target pistols ( they are number 100, and your M77 should be number 72......now days they sell the rings separate and with some sort of other number for each ring??? we do not follow the new system....sorry, we just hold them together ,side by side...... 8) :roll: :wink:
( we looked around and most of ours are stainless ,shiny or matte finish......)

geiger

Single-Sixer
Ruger web site, has a chart . 1" standard rings,( Medium)
Front 4B Rear 5B