Would you cast me out if I...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pvt. Pyle

Bearcat
Would you guys cast me out if I had the slide on my SR coated black? Some of you who read my other thread know that I was looking at stainless controls. In person I dont really like that look for my gun. I dont really know if I could do that to my Ruger. The TALO looks really good, and I really like that look on a 1911.

Which way would be best? Cerakote?

I will have someone do it so it actually looks good!

Gregg1LE

Single-Sixer
Pvt. Pyle said:
Would you guys cast me out if I had the slide on my SR coated black? Some of you who read my other thread know that I was looking at stainless controls. In person I dont really like that look for my gun. I dont really know if I could do that to my Ruger. The TALO looks really good, and I really like that look on a 1911.

Which way would be best? Cerakote?

I will have someone do it so it actually looks good!

Its your pistol,do what makes you happy.I don't think anyone will "cast you out" for doing it.Cerakote is a good,durable finish.I just prefer to spend my money on ammo :D

Verndog

Blackhawk
Pvt. Pyle said:
Would you guys cast me out if I had the slide on my SR coated black?

Do it and your toast. You'll be put directly on the black ball list. :twisted:

sgt+carter.jpg

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
Its your pistol and your money! Do what you like.

Some folks don't like forward serations on the slide. I'm not crazy about it either. But I don't have the hand strength I used to have due to a pinched nerve. The serations really help me a lot. So as soon as I find someone who can do it, I'm altering mine.

Do what pleases you! You can bet I am.... :wink:

The Wall

Single-Sixer
Just buy another one and have one stock and one you can modify. Do that and you can stay. (Just kidding)

revhigh

Hawkeye
CCR does nice work. And they have a bunch of finishes and colors to choose from. They're very reasonable.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
The Wall said:
Revhigh is waiting to get his so he can do it in pink. :lol:

Yeah ... I can't wait ... maybe I'll buy one on Gunbroker for $900 + shipping. :roll:

Lots of people are doing that ....

REV

Verndog

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
The Wall said:
Revhigh is waiting to get his so he can do it in pink. :lol:

Yeah ... I can't wait ... maybe I'll buy one on Gunbroker for $900 + shipping. :roll:

Lots of people are doing that ....

REV

Ya, and you'll send it in and have the front serrations added with Mr. Packer's order correct?? :D

lark63

Single-Sixer
Maybe buy a Springfield? Why buy a gun like this and modify it, serrations, in that way? Plenty of choices out there.
By the want my Rock Island's are shooting great. I still have money in my wallet. :D

The Wall

Single-Sixer
I think Ruger Packer explained why he needs the front serrations. I guess he could put some of that non-skid tape that RevHigh likes on it. It comes in different colors too. I can't figure out how front serrations actually help with racking the slide. I wouldn't want to grip the slide that far up. It would put the palm of your hand in front of the barrel. I guess that would depend on how you grip the slide. Forehand or backhand. I always thought the front serrations were for decoration and maybe will make the gun lighter.
I think if you purchase a Sr1911 because it's Ruger's first you should leave it alone. Just my opinion.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
The Wall said:
I think Ruger Packer explained why he needs the front serrations. I guess he could put some of that non-skid tape that RevHigh likes on it. It comes in different colors too. I can't figure out how front serrations actually help with racking the slide. I wouldn't want to grip the slide that far up. It would put the palm of your hand in front of the barrel. I guess that would depend on how you grip the slide. Forehand or backhand. I always thought the front serrations were for decoration and maybe will make the gun lighter.
I think if you purchase a Sr1911 because it's Ruger's first you should leave it alone. Just my opinion.

I don't want none of that ugly tape on my gun. :shock:

My Taurus has front serrations and its easier for me to get a grip on the slide. Of course, I keep my finger OFF the trigger and OUTSIDE the trigger guard during the process of racking the slide. I grasp the slide with my left hand, the last two
fingers of left hand get enough grip on those serrations to help the whole hand to rack it.

I thought of maybe using a lighter spring in the SR1911, but decided I'd rather not mess with it since it has 700 rds through it now and is running great. I'm thinking a couple thousand rounds that it might wear the spring in and get easier over time. Then I'll decide if I want to actually have front serrations cut into the slide.

Pvt. Pyle

Bearcat
Thats the thing. Some of us here dont want an RIA, or a Springfield. I bought my 1911 simply because it was a Ruger. I mean I dont think I would have had a 1911, let alone right now, if it hadnt been made by Ruger. Not that I am some huge Ruger fan boy.

Anyway, I have always really liked the contrast with the "black"(however you like your black) slide/stainless frame. I just recently seen a picture of the TALO, and realized I bought the wrong gun, but I would never have been able to get my hands on a TALO. Thats why I asked the question, because it is a nice gun as it is. TALO does the same thing I want to do. I want to do it, I just dont know if I want to do it...make sense? I have contemplated the buying another one to do it to!

revhigh

Hawkeye
The Wall said:
I guess he could put some of that non-skid tape that RevHigh likes on it.

Whoa whoa whoa there Wall. I never said I 'liked' it ... I've never used it myself ... and I have never had it on any of my guns ... it was just a suggestion that I knew of for a person that was contemplating getting front strap checkering.

I never promoted it OR said I liked it.

REV

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I WILL promote Robar! Their Roguard has been the best application for a couple of decades, and their Poly-T2 is akin to airliner-grade epoxy coating. No Johnny-come-lately products or techs there.

Plus, they're Nadcap - processing controls are aerospace-rated. Other shops do great work, just not on the same professional levels.

Otherwise, "it's just a gun". It's your private property and you can paint it purple if you want.

:wink:

Verndog

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
Whoa whoa whoa there Wall.

Don't blow a gasket there Rev...Walls don't move.

I've seen you post you like serrations, tape and engraving so be honest now. :wink:

even though I'll admit they we're all total sarcasm.

The Wall

Single-Sixer
Actually I know the Rev doesn't like front serrations and tape. My remark was pure sarcasm and intended to get a rise out of him. I guess it worked. :lol: