Wish Ruger made a SP 50

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gig

Single-Sixer
Don't know what they might name it; but I wish Ruger would make a small frame revolver for rim fire.
I like Ruger's system, or style of a solid frame with no little screws holding on a plate covering the action.
I only wish they made a small frame with their same design for rim fire. Since rim fire takes more firing pin power than does center fire, a DA is very handy in that one can manually cock the hammer and then have a lite trigger spring for SA.

All the small wheel guns Ruger makes are DA only forcing the hammer spring to be loaded by the trigger finger.
My wish would be a LCR with shrouded hammer rather than totally enclosed. This would permit the gun to have a nice SA trigger.
I do like my SP101 in 357; but I wish I had one just like it, only smaller, in 22 mag.

gig said:
Don't know what they might name it; but I wish Ruger would make a small frame revolver for rim fire.
I like Ruger's system, or style of a solid frame with no little screws holding on a plate covering the action.
I only wish they made a small frame with their same design for rim fire. Since rim fire takes more firing pin power than does center fire, a DA is very handy in that one can manually cock the hammer and then have a lite trigger spring for SA.

All the small wheel guns Ruger makes are DA only forcing the hammer spring to be loaded by the trigger finger.
My wish would be a LCR with shrouded hammer rather than totally enclosed. This would permit the gun to have a nice SA trigger.
I do like my SP101 in 357; but I wish I had one just like it, only smaller, in 22 mag.

The "old" 6-shot SP101 in .22LR was available in a 4" full lug, 4" half lug, and (about) 2" snubbie. The sights were adjustable for windage only.

The "new" 8-shot SP101 in .22LR has a 4.2" half lug barrel.

There was a post around here a couple of years ago, where a guy had a .22WMR SP101. There was some debate, but the concensus was that it was a .22LR model with the chambers reamed out to .22WMR.

I don't know what the bore is on the .22LR SP's, so I can't comment on the safety of such a conversion.

I think you need to find an old SP in .22LR, and embark on a project. Don't forget to post pics! :mrgreen:

gig

Single-Sixer
Uncle Howie said:
I think you need to find an old SP in .22LR, and embark on a project. Don't forget to post pics! :mrgreen:
Hummm, some say I'm good, some avg; but the ones that really know me mention something about "hot air"......
But I don't think I could ever shrink a SP down to the size of a Taurus 941. :roll: