Will you buy a Ruger SR9c?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Talegunner

Bearcat
What is most impressive with my SR9C has to be the trigger.........unlike my SR9 it don't need a Ghost trigger! LOTS less creep & lighter! I'm very surprised no one has mentioned the BIG difference! The extra floor plate with finger rest for the mag also works GREAT! All I can say is I really like mine! TG

Al James

Hunter
46 to 53! We are edging closer to 50/50 the longer this pistol grows on everyone. I still have not handled one except for the $550 example at the gun show a few weekends ago. Patience I guess. :?

SgtSam

Bearcat
:lol: I had not originally intended on getting one, although I thought it was a very interesting weapon. But, my wife who'd been mulling it over for a few weeks, confiscated my Kahr CW-9.

That left me with my Hi-Powers as my only nines. I love my Hi-Powers. Think they're the best 9mm ever produced. In fact, I think they're the best semi-auto every produced. However, they aren't exactly small. But, back to subject at hand.

I took delivery, yesterday, of a blue version. Have not had the opportunity to take it to the range yet. But, will take it down and clean it up real well today. I'm really looking forward to shooting it. I reversed the backstrap to bring the curved part into play and it feels real nice.

So, onward with the SR9c. I sure hope Ruger did their homework after the SR9 issues.

Iron Mike Golf

Blackhawk
Bought one yesterday. This will be my wife's an my "our" gun. Detail strip/degrease done. Loaded up a box of handloads. Ging to the range later today.

CBennett

Single-Sixer
Al James":3jwxz0v2 said:
46 to 53! We are edging closer to 50/50 the longer this pistol grows on everyone. I still have not handled one except for the $550 example at the gun show a few weekends ago. Patience I guess. :?

yeah PASS on that $400 is about right give or take $10-15

CBennett

Single-Sixer
Iron Mike Golf":3rkadq0j said:
Bought one yesterday. This will be my wife's an my "our" gun. Detail strip/degrease done. Loaded up a box of handloads. Ging to the range later today.

if you get that far get the striker channel area also take off that back plate..its full of crap lol..caused mine originally to get some liket primer strikes because it was so gunky up..after cleaning it out with striker out its been 100%

Iron Mike Golf

Blackhawk
CBennett":10e0gm1q said:
if you get that far get the striker channel area

Yep. It was. Got that grease out and flitzed in there. Not so much as to remove the finish. Just smoothed it some. Also polished the rings/ridges on the striker that glide on the tunnel surface. No misfires or light strikes at the range today.

SR9c

Bearcat
Yes, Yes, Yes...I have waited for it since I first purchased my SR9. In fact, that was what I traded in on my SR9c. However, he has to get it in because all he had in stock was the stainless version. And by the way, the one he had in stock had a great trigger, waaay better the the full size I traded.

Now for a short intro...I'm new here as I got burned out on forums for a while...Too much bickering and nasty comments for a group with a common intrest, i.e, (pick your brand). I'm old, retired, set in my ways, (love Rugers, at least some of them) and have carried a concealed weapon everyday for over 40 years and spent many years in the firearms, security consulting and related fields, and yet, I try to learn something new everyday, and usually do! My very first handgun was a Ruger Blackhawk .41 Mag. After this SR9c, my next one will be another SR9c...I've waited so long for it...

welder

Buckeye
As Mike said, welcome. We are a little different here. I personally won't bash anyone's gun anyway, here, are anywhere. I won't say we are perfect, but clearly a cut above on this forum. Kind of like a family really. You'll like it here, just jump right in and enjoy. Glad to have you on board.

marine_dad

Bearcat
Yes! Picked up a T/T SR9c yesterday. The wife and I took it out and ran 100 rounds through it right after we bought it. I took it out today and put another 150 rounds through it. Out of 250 rounds of mixed reloads, WWB, Federal, and Blazer ammo there was not a single hiccup. Love it so far. I just wish it came in .40 S&W, now that would be sweet.

NixieTube

Blackhawk
Where's "Probably (leaning yes)" and "Probably not (leaning no)" ???

Right now I'm torn b/c I'd like to have an SR9c, but I also really want another compact (not ultracompact) pistol in .40 S&W and with a DA/SA trigger. Oh, and I want a nice 1911. And a Kahr PM9. And I want to buy a couple of accessories for my existing pistols. So there are a lot of guns and associated froufrou and whimwhams competing for my money right now.

Oh, and ammo. Let's not forget ammo, without which all of these discussions are at least a little academic.

Let's put it this way: the SR9c is in contention...and it's in the Top 4. :wink:

Put another way, if I scratch off a lottery ticket and win $3,000 tomorrow, the answer is YES, along with all the rest of the stuff. There's no reason I *wouldn't* buy one. Right now I'm in the "Probably (leaning Yes)" category.

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
I voted no only because i have the full sized & am happy with it 8)
Now of coursed if i had "unlimited" gun funds then -----------------

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
I'm lookin' real hard at the SR9c and the new April Guns & Ammo. I'm reading everything I can find on the "c". We go through all this stuff about reliability issues and peening and slide-stop crap with the "new" SR9 and SR9c and then RUFFBIRD shows us that video clip with Hickok45 demonstrating his line of Glocks. There is NO issue of reliability with those guns. Nobody even thinks about slide-stops and peening.
Watch that video and enjoy the heck out of it. It's plain fun to watch. He demonstrates by shooting a series of steel targets: plates, silhouettes, and a steel gong @ 80 yards.
Link: http://www.youtube.com/user/hickok45#p/u/20/ddP7IHHnM4A
And of course I'm a big Ruger fan, ...but I also have/had eight Glocks. I'm down to three but maybe I need another G19. Oh My!
Sonnytoo

writwing

Single-Sixer
Sonnytoo":3i91crum said:
I'm lookin' real hard at the SR9c and the new April Guns & Ammo. I'm reading everything I can find on the "c". We go through all this stuff about reliability issues and peening and slide-stop crap with the "new" SR9 and SR9c and then RUFFBIRD shows us that video clip with Hickok45 demonstrating his line of Glocks. There is NO issue of reliability with those guns. Nobody even thinks about slide-stops and peening.
Watch that video and enjoy the heck out of it. It's plain fun to watch. He demonstrates by shooting a series of steel targets: plates, silhouettes, and a steel gong @ 80 yards.
Link: http://www.youtube.com/user/hickok45#p/u/20/ddP7IHHnM4A
And of course I'm a big Ruger fan, ...but I also have/had eight Glocks. I'm down to three but maybe I need another G19. Oh My!
Sonnytoo

Google Glock realiability, peening etc. you may be surprised. You are incorrect to state "There is NO issue of reliability with those guns." And yes Glock has had peening problems.

Talegunner

Bearcat
WAYNO":3jmam4w7 said:
For the folks that believe all Glocks are divinely conceived, the Portland Police wont necessarily agree...

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/ppb.html

WAYNO.

Glocks are NO better than any other decent pistol out there.............Yes they have been fairly reliable, but a LOT of problems have came & gone...............looking at how long they have been around to "de-bug" them they SHOULD be pretty good. Keep in mind all the police contracts & look at just how many times pistols HAD to be replaced & you'll get the picture.....................TG

Some more:

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/problems.html

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/g19_cracked.html

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/g19_topless.html

http://forum.ramanon.com/showthread.php?t=68942

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulle ... rame-broke!

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
writwing":260w44vj said:
There is NO issue of reliability with those guns. Nobody even thinks about slide-stops and peening.

Google Glock realiability, peening etc. you may be surprised. You are incorrect to state "There is NO issue of reliability with those guns." And yes Glock has had peening problems.[/quote]

Okay, maybe I'm being hasty. I can say that I have had no issue of reliability with eight Glocks that I've owned since they were made available for sale in the U.S. Never owned the model 17, which I believe was the first model here. As per reliability, I cannot say the same for my Colts, Sigs, Kimbers and at least four other brands that I've owned, including two high-priced custom jobs.
I've shot many thousands of rounds through my Glocks; cleaned them well, have not noticed any peening. From what I'm reading, the peening may be a temporary problem which resolves itself with time. I am not concerned with that, but only with reliability. Ever since a very nice-looking car quit on me on a Michigan expressway in a blizzard, I've been more concerned with reliability than I have with "looks."
Also, as per other threads, I'm still looking for a link to any Ruger ad that says the black model is black on stainless instead of black on alloy...not that it's a terribly-important point.
And...I'm pretty likely to buy the "c" but I sure hope it's reliable first and accurate second.
Sonnytoo

Sonnytoo":2y53rpi9 said:
Also, as per other threads, I'm still looking for a link to any Ruger ad that says the black model is black on stainless instead of black on alloy...not that it's a terribly-important point.

Sonnytoo

I think it IS an important point. Stainless IS an important feature to me. The discussions have become heated, over if the black version is stainless. There's a feller that is a prolific seller of new Rugers on this forum, that was adamant about the "c"s being black over stainless, and I think that is an incorrect representation of what he's selling.

All the research I've done on the compact, specifically says the black version is alloy steel, where the stainless version is stainless. :roll:

The full size SR9, however, is advertised as blackened stainless. No wonder folks are confused.

The following is copied and pasted, directly from Rugers website...

"A variation of the SR9c that boasts a unique, high-tech, Nitrodox Pro Black finish over the alloy steel slide and high-performance, glass-filled nylon frame."

SR9c™
Brushed Stainless
Blackened Alloy

SR9®
Brushed Stainless
Blackened Stainless

WAYNO.