Will Ruger ever release a SR40 model pistol?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

agentadam

Single-Sixer
Scary light trigger? Mine should be current ,only 6 months old D.O.M, isn't too gritty but there was obvious stacking, two distinct clicks before striker spring noises, with a heavy break before i installed the 3.5 ghost ultimate connector. Night and day difference.

I thought the newer 1.2 versions had a longer striker spring for constant force to solve the light strikes but that would increase pull weight. The recall was to upgrade the actual trigger with the safety blade. I didn't think they changed any of the internal trigger mechanism like the connector.

I think most of the gritty feel comes from the metal on metal contact inside the firing pin channel. My trigger action is very smooth with the slide off but with it on all of the noise and resistance comes from the slide. Glocks use a plastic firing pin channel liner so the nickle plated firing pin rides very smoothly and is self lubricating.

The overly bulky firing pin looks very sturdy but its increase weight requires an overly heavy firing pin spring increasing pull weight. It sounds strange but a lighter firing pin can get away with a lighter spring because of increased speed. I think they should develop a drop in polymer firing pin channel liner and reduced diameter firing pin.

Takedown

Bearcat
agentadam":1zu78i42 said:
Scary light trigger? Mine should be current ,only 6 months old D.O.M,

You will know if you have the newer SR9 if the mag release is the "D" shape and not round. I still see a few of the older models NIB at a couple LGS near me. The triggers are night and day different. I have a new compact and an older (bought Oct last year), I can definitely tell.

A

Anonymous

I'd like to feel the trigger on the older ones. I have a V 1.2 and think the trigger is just fine, but I'd like to compare it to an older one just to see if they are that much different.

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
I guess I would really hate the old sr9s then. My sr9c is new and the trigger feels pretty gritty and a bit heavy, though not horrible. I'm looking at getting a Ghost connector and doing some polishing.

agentadam

Single-Sixer
I have the new mag cut outs. This mag release works pretty easy.

Mine was made 11/25/2009 and sold a few months after that. I believe i have the longer firing pin spring for constant pressure, the new trigger with safety blade,and the new magazine cut outs and/or magazine release mechanism.

My barrel is stamped with an R( proof test). Underneath the slide had a bumped up K molded near the firing pin safety/block plunger, and a recessed C roll mark stamped above the barrel. It came with a small orange circle sticker(inspection?) on the frame near the safety.

I thought the sr9 was recalled nearly two years ago. I can see pre-recall old stock still being sold but how would current production as early as 7 months ago not have the upgrades?

I still don't see what they did to actually improve the 8-12lb trigger.

A

Anonymous

agentadam":2phtc0zy said:
I have the new mag cut outs. This mag release works pretty easy.

Mine was made 11/25/2009 and sold a few months after that. I believe i have the longer firing pin spring for constant pressure, the new trigger with safety blade,and the new magazine cut outs and/or magazine release mechanism.

My barrel is stamped with an R( proof test). Underneath the slide had a bumped up K molded near the firing pin block, and a recessed C roll mark stamped above the barrel. It came with a small orange circle sticker(inspection?) on the frame near the safety.

I thought the sr9 was recalled was nearly two years ago. I can see pre-recall old stock still being sold but how would current production as early as 7 months ago not have the upgrades?

I still don't see what they did to actually improve the 8-12lb trigger.

I'm sure all recalled SR9's are long gone. There are 3 versions. The original, recalled version, the post recall with the factory trigger mod, and then the V 1.2's like mine, with the updated trigger group, take down pin and D shaped mag release..

agentadam

Single-Sixer
Will ruger send out a shipping label for a pistol to do the trigger group upgrade If its serial # is after the 330-xxxx recal? Apparently the compact comes with an improved trigger that wasn't included in the earlier recall. I wouldn't want to pay 80$ overnight shipping on a $300 pistol. I am pretty satisfied with the Ghost Ultimate 3.5 connector. I would say it probably even better than the new SR9c trigger.

Takedown

Bearcat
agentadam":2pqhbcoe said:
Will ruger send out a shipping label for a pistol to do the trigger group upgrade If its serial # is after the 330-xxxx recal? Apparently the compact comes with an improved trigger that wasn't included in the earlier recall. I wouldn't want to pay 80$ overnight shipping on a $300 pistol. I am pretty satisfied with the Ghost Ultimate 3.5 connector. I would say it probably even better than the new SR9c trigger.

I spoke with Joe at Ruger about this a couple weeks ago. He said the new trigger group is not a direct fit for the older v1.1 SR9 and that although you may be able to get it in there, the reliability and functionality will not be the same. If you want the full size with the latest trigger group you need to sell off your v1.1 and get a v1.2

agentadam

Single-Sixer
So besides the new mag release cutouts they have a new magazine release button that is D shaped instead of O ?

I would like to know what they changed in this elusive new trigger group and why it may or may not fit. So now there going to have to keep making parts for the next 10-20 years to fix 1.1 and 1.2 guns.

Latest posts