Will a Kimber .22LR conversion fit SR1911?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ferges99

Bearcat
Don Lovel said:
I found a used Kimber 1911 slide & mag kit for .22LR, will it work on a Ruger SR1911?
Mine fits on but it will not run. It's to tight for the sr frame.

loaded round

Hunter
This doesn't answer your question, but I have a Ciener 22 conversion unit that I bought to use on my Colt National Match and found that it runs perfectly on my SR1911 as a drop in unit. Don't know if Ciener is still in business, but see used ones for sale on Gun Broker and others from time to time. They're also about half the price of the Kimber unit also.

loaded round

Hunter
Yesterday just received a supplement from Brownell's for 1911 handguns. In this supplement was a listing for the Kimber 22lr conversion unit, and Brownell's states that it will function on any 1911 clone (read frame). Therefore I'm sure it would work on your SR1911. Hope this info helps.

edlmann

Blackhawk
loaded round said:
This doesn't answer your question, but I have a Ciener 22 conversion unit that I bought to use on my Colt National Match and found that it runs perfectly on my SR1911 as a drop in unit. Don't know if Ciener is still in business, but see used ones for sale on Gun Broker and others from time to time. They're also about half the price of the Kimber unit also.

The OP might want to research Ciener's customer service practices before buying.

loaded round

Hunter
That's why I said he may no longer be in business. Ciener got into some deep doo-doo with the BATF several years ago for manufacturing illegal full auto weapons.

edlmann said:
loaded round said:

The OP might want to research Ciener's customer service practices before buying.

steelshooterco

Single-Sixer
I bought one from Midway (good folks - read on), the conversion was a tight fit to my slide, but with a little of lubrication and working it, got the slide to function nicely.

Then installed the rest of the parts, my frame was too tight and a no go with the Kimber unit. The SR-1911 shoots really well and is especially tight fit wise. Could have had a gun smith fit it, but did not want any adverse impact to the SR-1911 45 auto, so returned to Midway for full credit.

They are good folks to deal with, bought when on sale. Would suggest buying one, be careful not to scratch, or mar any finish. If it works and functions -GREAT, if not send back for refund.

Still considering buying a Kimber 22 LR unit, but every time I look at the price, my wallet clamps shut and says no!

Good luck, as may on the forum indicate the Kimber unit worked on their frame and functioned fine.

Snake45

Hawkeye
edlmann said:
loaded round said:

Only "customer service" issues I've ever had with him (and I have four of his units) is long delivery times if he doesn't happen to have what you want in stock. I've never had any problems with his units not functioning, or breaking parts, or anything of the sort.

Snake45

Hawkeye
loaded round said:
That's why I said he may no longer be in business. Ciener got into some deep doo-doo with the BATF several years ago for manufacturing illegal full auto weapons.
Hadn't heard that. He did get in trouble with the FTC a couple years ago over not delivering product (or a good excuse why not) within 30 days as the law requires.

I had to wait something like four or five months for my Browning P35 unit to be delivered, but all three of my 1911 units were delivered in under 30 days. One of them came through in less than 10 days. And all four of them function just fine.

dakota1911

Buckeye
Ciener is still around, or the company is. I got mine years ago when Brownells sold them. They work O.K. on my SR1911.

http://www.22lrconversions.com/1911-pg.htm

seb1899

Bearcat
I am late to the party here but my Advantage Arms .22 conversion fits my SR1911 perfectly and it locks open on the last round, unlike the Kimber or Ceiner:

ry%3D480

and it also works/fits on my RI 9mm Tactical:

ry%3D400

eveled

Hawkeye
1911s006_zpsbd16d8bd.jpg

Mine is from Wilson Combat, it fits and works....with good ammo.

eveled

Hawkeye
It is the slide release that comes with the kit from Wilson. I forgot to mention that the kit was made by Marvel, and has a metal magazine.