Why We Fly!.....ATTN: Wyandot Jim........Part II

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Here's a few of my flying adventure's for 2014, Mt. McKinley, in Denali National Park, Brook's Range Sheep Hunting, Fly over the Yukon River on the way to Hunting camp.

and some flying with my sister in law at the Kink Glacier, we stop for a walk a bout!

Enjoy!....Scott

Very nice Scott. Mt. McKinley. It was also clear when we were in that area.Great picture of Looks like you might need some weeeeeee bit bigger tires on your Suuuuuuuuuper Cub :D We are going all out with the Pacer 8.50-6s :wink: :wink:

Well in Texas we have special people that pick up all those rocks. :D :) Makes for lot smother landings :wink:
A friend of mine has a Carbon Cub and a Maule with 31" tires and the big Alaskan Bush tail wheels. Look great.

You can say that again, those are some beautiful mountains.

Scott? Why would there be a law limiting tire size? What difference does it make? Wouldn't the weight of the plane be more of an issue than tire size?

Yes there are rules, to may with the FAA, there tested, for airspeed and stuff like that.....they do slow ya down a bunch, but you can damn near land on high school kids!....LOL

I only run 3-4 pounds of air in them too....

scott

Also those BIG TIRES makes it nice to water ski with. :D
I had heard about water skiing a plane from a fried of mine that did it with T-6s during WWII while in Alabama. Well sounded like a fun deal to me. In 1969-70 I was working in Alabama on the Black Warrior River South of Tuscaloosa. At the time I had a PA-12 Super Cruiser. You guessed it I had to see if I could water ski it YEP. 800 x 4s work. Now everybody is doing it.

On tire size a big tire can put a lot of side load on the wheel and axle. Our wheels only allow a 800x 6 tire max. to be legal.