Ruger Mark ii nut

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BladeRimfire

Bearcat
20230103_153448.jpg

welcome to the Forum, NICE group of .22s MK IIs,,,only ones I like a little better are the 5 1/4inch MKII and the 22/45 version black grip frame, stainless upper 5 1/4 in and adjustable sights...........or even stainless "fixed sights".......

Attachments

• MK II T514 #219-27675 left.JPG
    MK II T514 #219-27675 left.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 61
  • KMK514 217-35358.JPG
    KMK514 217-35358.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 59
  • MK II std two tone left.JPG
    MK II std two tone left.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 60

BladeRimfire

Bearcat
Thank yall, I'm 51yrs old. Got my first when I was 19. It's the 10 inch blued. Picked up some different ones starting about 6 years ago. Kinda stated focusing on them more in the last 3 years. Picked them up at places such as 24hourcampfire, Gunsinternational, Rimfirecentral, and a local gun forum here in my own state of MS. I try to find very clean examples. I have several Ruger revolvers but focus more on the Mark ii's. I'm definitely a firearm addict. I've pretty much maxed out on my long gun collecting so I'm turning to pistols. I also like to collect Springfield Armory 1911 45acp's (current productions of the past 30yrs).

mjpchief

Single-Sixer
I have a Mark II that I picked up really cheap. Barrel didn't look quite right but the price was right. Got it home and found the crown wasn't right so did a numbers check with Ruger and found out it left Ruger with a 10" barrel but it had been cut to 6". Rats. But it still shoots good. Don't know why anyone would cut a 10".

I thought that having two of them was an extravagance! Though I would like to add a stainless steel one...just one more...one more...

yes, many of those 10 inch barrel guns have been cut down, shortened, I know as we did quite a few of them over the years for shooters ( customers) if done RIGHT< and to any of the factory sizes, hard to tell....we always did NON factory lengths.......and mostly stainless guns, its really a piece of cake....... :cool: ;)

contender

Ruger Guru
"Maybe they wanted a 6" bull barrel which Ruger never made. Or maybe there was damage to the barrel or bore."

A 6" barrel seems like a waste of a good 10" gun. Especially when Ruger built the 5-1/2" bull barreled gun.

If my faded memory is correct, the 5-1/2" guns were done to have the guns allowed in some form of competition way back when.
Yet,, in some states,, hunting,, a 6" barrel minimum length was required. I have a 5-1/2" bull barreled MKI. Decades ago,, I had a very lively discussion with a game warden about the barrel length & hunting on game lands. Back then, a 6" barrel or longer was required on game lands,, yet on private land,, no minimum length was required. I was trying to get the warden to explain the idiocy of such a requirement when my barrel was 5-1/2" and obviously a good hunting handgun. Exasperated, he finally said to me; " If I see you hunting with that gun on game lands, I won't write you a ticket. I know how you shoot & all." I really didn't hunt much on game lands back then, but I was trying to understand the law, and he & I were enjoying discussing the way laws were worded.

I like to think that all of our shorter ,especially the 4 inch stubby ":bull" barrels were actually prototypes the factory liked them so much, who knows maybe they got "feedback"?? "requests?":cool::rolleyes:;)

and I do agree that LONG 10 inch barrel is a handful!!! too much for too many people, sooooooo, we cut 'em down.....(y)(y)