http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=727349

Fiocchi
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=177876

Prvi Partizan
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=754316

...Jimbo

TiteGroups

Blackhawk
You may want to look into the Lee classic turret presses. Very good value, basic set up would take about $300 or so and can turn out 125rds an hour, those youtube videos are helpful. The basics of reloading are pretty simple and it is rewarding to shoot something you made yourself.

Merlinspop

Bearcat
The reason .357 is so hard to find in the Northern Va/MD/Eastern WV area is cuz I bought a GP, SP and Marlin 1894c all within the last year. If I had gone with .44mag, there'd be .357 out the wazoo.

Sorry about that.

B

maxpress

Buckeye
I bought a hornady progressive new for $400 and a scale for $50 plus an electronic scale for $20. I figure with 38/357 being loaded for about $4 im saving $12 a box or $240 on 1000 so 2000rnds it more that paid for itself in 3 months at my current rate of fire. loading about 100rnds in 15min with 10min between 100 round boxes to refill the primer tube and stuff.
Now if you add in my .44 at $30 a box off the shelf im saving $25 a box times 1000rnds.....
As far as a bench 2x4s and a 3x2 peice of 3/4 plywood works fine.
A single stage or lee setup would pay for itself in no time.
Check your gun store odds an ends table. ours often has cheap used presses on it.

MidLife

Single-Sixer
The reason .357 is so hard to find in the Northern Va/MD/Eastern WV area is cuz I bought a GP, SP and Marlin 1894c all within the last year. If I had gone with .44mag, there'd be .357 out the wazoo.

Sorry about that.

B

I hear ya! :D
Seriously, it is really tough to find.
I ended up ordering from cheaperthandirt
The key is to note that they have two or more warehouses and if you order is from more than one warehouse, the shipping can get outrageous!
So, I ordered the numeric part numbers separate from the alphanumeric and the rates were reasonalable.

maxpress

Buckeye
Think I mentioned this in another thread.
One cool way to reload with a progressive in steps is to take the powder pooper and and sester,crimper out and decap, expand, prime, and flare.
Then charge them anyway you want and run them back through with just the capper/crimper in the press.

BlackBird

Bearcat
Also living in MD, I can relate. .357 is difficult to find in this state. I did the reload thing about a year ago and it is a real savings, besides being kind of therapeutic. Bought a Lee progressive, and associated gear and haven't looked back.