Where are New Alaskan 454's?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

VTM

Bearcat
I want to buy an Alaskan 454 within the next year. There are none available at this time. Anyone know what is going to happen with the production of this wonderful woods gun?

kinoz

Bearcat
I just bought a NIB 454 at Gator Guns in Kenai, Alaska.

907-283-7947. Closed Sundays and Mondays.

The guy's name is Aaron - a one man operation. He shipped promptly.

Good Luck.

EarlFH

Single-Sixer
kinoz said:
I just bought a NIB 454 at Gator Guns in Kenai, Alaska.

907-283-7947. Closed Sundays and Mondays.

The guy's name is Aaron - a one man operation. He shipped promptly.

Good Luck.

Mind telling us what he charged for it? They seem to be going for a lot more than the 7 1/2".

EarlFH

VTM

Bearcat
Wow! I have been on and off the Ruger Forum for years and it has been a wealth of information. I am surprised that there is no definitive info on the Alaskan 454.

Maybe, not enough folks care about the Alaskan 454?
Maybe Ruger is a "top secret" operation?

Whatever it is, so little information, on such a topic, provided on this forum is an anomaly.

Maybe those with the knowledge have not seen this request yet.

VTM

57Frontier

Single-Sixer
I just have a hard time believing that ruger would drop the 454 alaskan. Both the caliber and platform seem to be popular enough to continue producing them even in small runs. I wouldn't mind having one, but I sure won't pay $1100 for one. There was a fella on here a little while ago that sold one for $750 that was almost mine. 8)

1outlaw

Bearcat
I just bought a new one from kentucky gun company!! It took me months to find one, I gave $840 for it. Worth every penny!!! Gunbrocker.com has them from time to time but you have to check it often to find a deal. Good luck, you will love it if you can find one!!

darkwater67

Single-Sixer
EarlFH said:
darkwater67 said:
Here's one, and I see them on Gunbroker off and on, so if you really want one and if they aren't going to make them any more, you should grab one while you can: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=267345083

Wow! $1100. That's got to be at least a $300 mark-up.

EarlFH

Yes, it's about $300 over what a 44 mag Alaskan goes for new, but it's all about supply and demand right now. The last two new 454's I saw on GB closed with auction prices of $1055 and $1081, so people are willing to pay that kind of price.

EarlFH

Single-Sixer
Jeez, you guys have got me thinking about putting mine up for sale. This is getting like the 480 Alaskans were a year or so ago. I had three of them, including a 5 shot, and ended up, selling them all.

EarlFH

donut757

Blackhawk
Ive got my .480 and will be holding onto it.. i got it for $650 no box or papers..

I just traded my .44 for a LNIB .45 convertible blackhawk and a CZ 2075... I had $500 in the .44 so the trade was well worth it, so people do value them quite a bit higher than some would think.

Seems they are hard to come by so i will continue to grab everyone i find for a good price.

darkwater67

Single-Sixer
My other thought is with all the new models Ruger has introduced lately, the 2 new SP101s, LCR22, SR22, American Rifle, Scout Rifle, SR1911, that production of older, more limited models might take a back seat for a bit until the distribution pipeline is filled with the newer models first.

VTM

Bearcat
I hope it is just a "hitch in the getalong" as you are implying. I just will not pay the prices that scarce Alaskans are bringing now. I would like to trade a 44 Redhawk 5.5 in. in for the Alaskan 454..I love shooting the 45 colts with 454 if ever needed or wanted. But at going princes, no thanks.

Glock2740

Bearcat
Get your name on the list at Buds. They'll have one in soon and they have them for a pretty good price.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_49_76/products_id/14313/Ruger+Super+Redhawk+Alaskan+454+Casull+2.5+IN