What's the Best 9mm 1911 for under $800... or so?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
The Wall said:
The 9mm was first made in 1902 so it wouldn't be a real 1911. :lol:

Yeah, and anything that differs from John Browning's original design is not a 1911. So if you've got a 3" or bobtailed etc. gun it must not be a 1911.

Atec

Bearcat
Looks Nice ! At least you had a chance to hold and fire one ! lol
Mine will be in Monday , But have to wait for permit to clear before I get it !

revhigh

Hawkeye
Verndog said:
Thanks for all the help guys, I went to the range today and checked out the CZ 75B along with several other guns and must say...the CZ is the one.

cz2.jpg

You bet it is .... I've been preaching CZ75 for about 5 years now. I think they're truly the 1911 of 9MM's.

REV

Atec

Bearcat
revhigh said:
Verndog said:
Thanks for all the help guys, I went to the range today and checked out the CZ 75B along with several other guns and must say...the CZ is the one.

cz2.jpg

You bet it is .... I've been preaching CZ75 for about 5 years now. I think they're truly the 1911 of 9MM's.

REV

You got that right !At least from the research that I have done so far and your advise tips also. And the next time I ask advice from you about any pistol . I am going to lock up my charge cards , change bank account names, and toss lemon juice in my eyes so I cannot read your reply. You are costing me a fortune. I am going to have to leave the Ruger Forums ,I wont have any money left to by the SR1911.
Whats your opinion on the cz 40 and 45 cal . NEVERMIND DONT ANSWER THAT!

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
Atec said:
revhigh said:

REV

Whats your opinion on the cz 40 and 45 cal . NEVERMIND DONT ANSWER THAT!

I can answer that. Rev thinks that every 40 ever made shoots curveballs and the CZ97 should come with a tripod mount. :?

Nice CZ Verndog! Hopefully you can find some pearl grips to go with the high polish! :wink:

Verndog

Blackhawk
ArmedinAZ said:
I can answer that. Rev thinks that every 40 ever made shoots curveballs and the CZ97 should come with a tripod mount. :?

Nice CZ Verndog! Hopefully you can find some pearl grips to go with the high polish! :wink:

Pearl handles?? I'm not packing that beast into any gay bars bro. :D

The black rubber grips seemed perfect for a shooter and this will match my Security Six with Pachmyers nicely. Got to post them both just to see myself. 8)

cz2.jpg

Ruger-Security-Six-1024.jpg

revhigh

Hawkeye
ArmedinAZ said:

Pretty much what AIA said ... I've owned/analyzed/sold 3 different 40's .... never again. I will NEVER own another 40 as long as I live. I hate them so much that I won't even shoot friend's 40's. With modern 9MM's and the 45ACP ... 40 is a worthless and un-needed caliber AFAIC. If you're a LEO ... fine ... use 40's ... for target use .... 40's blow.

Regarding the 97 .. it's a nice gun ... and supremely accurate ... but it's HUGE .... if I'm shooting a 45ACP ... it's gonna be a 1911.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
Verndog said:
Pearl handles?? I'm not packing that beast into any gay bars bro. :D

I agree .... AIA owns a gay bar out in Arizona, and you can't get in without a gun with pearl handles. It's why he moved there ... supposedly 60 percent of the male population of Arizona is gay.

REV

Verndog

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
... supposedly 60 percent of the male population of Arizona is gay. REV

Do those statistics include all the pricks on the cactus...because they'll poke anything you know!!! :lol:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Patton was gay too

Now you're making grips out of soap?

Rev :lol:

Atec

Bearcat
revhigh said:
Patton was gay too

Now you're making grips out of soap?

Rev :lol:

My soap grips with Hello Kitty and My Little Pony are going to look Swell On my CZ ! :p

Verndog

Blackhawk
Great News!! Found a CZ 75B polished stainless from a local distributor for about the same price to add FFL and shipping to online deal so I sprung for it. Picked up yesterday and put 210 rounds downrange today. What a beautiful piece of craftsmanship this gun is...WOW. You guys were right, this is exactly what I was looking for and I love this gun. I did have 1 fail to feed on the 6th round but I'm going to write that off as limpwrist since I was focusing on the mechanics of grip and gun...after that the next 200+ were perfect. Fired Federal 115gr 200 rounds and 10 Speer Gold Dot 124gr. (my 9c carry ammo).

Here are some pics of this bute, the last is a 5 round sample at 25' at 1.1" which I'm pretty sure is better then I've done with my 9c. That was just the 4th mag I shot. I'm pumped about this work of art!! :D

CZ-75B-Day-1-1.jpg

CZ-75B-Day-1-2.jpg

CZ-75B-Day-1-3.jpg

CZ-75B-Day-1-4.jpg

hittman

Staff member
Nice gun Vern! Another satisfied CZ75 owner.

Maybe Rev will help you pick out a pattern for the engraving!! :lol:

Atec

Bearcat
Sweet Deal Vern . I am still waiting on my polished to be shipped. :cry: But the Limited Edition is here. I am not going to take it out of packaging though.

Verndog

Blackhawk
Thanks Guys! Since there are 1/2 dozen or so owners here I have a question on something that didn't quite seem right. The recoil spring has a fair amount of bow to it after I re-installed it, and I believe before I field stripped it also. Figured that was just the nature of the beast. Is that normal on the CZ's??

revhigh

Hawkeye
Verndog said:

Yeah ... I'd say a CZ75 did that ..... although it'll still do that WAY beyond 25 feet !!

The recoil spring is supposed to be like that.

That thing will blow away 99% of the 9MM guns on the planet. There's no comparison to most other 9MM's.

REV

Atec

Bearcat
revhigh said:
Verndog said:

Yeah ... I'd say a CZ75 did that ..... although it'll still do that WAY beyond 25 feet !!

The recoil spring is supposed to be like that.

That thing will blow away 99% of the 9MM guns on the planet. There's no comparison to most other 9MM's.

REV

Meh :lol: My 500 mag will do that at 75yards one handed , as I am eating a hambuger with the other . Nothing special here.... Move along ... Move along .... Cz's Blow . :lol: