What Were You Hoping For?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BigBlue

Single-Sixer
Okay the mysterious, long awaited (two days), have to own LC 9 is out, but what were you really hoping Ruger was going to introduce?
Don

Blut und eisen

Bearcat
I was looking for the eventual P90 replacement. Not necessarily a 1911, but something along those lines. Perhaps the P90 Mk II? All this hype over a LCP on steroids? No, this is not a gun I "must own". Sorry Ruger, Effective Range: Zero Meters. On the up side, I might have to pick up one of their new Scout rifles. Time will tell.

hittman

Staff member
Perhaps something original ~ not already on the market.

Granted, the LCR was innovative because of material used but; I didn't get one to replace my J Frame S&W.

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
A 10/22 pimped out to look, handle, and feel exactly like a WWII M1 carbine.

RUGERFAN357

Bearcat
I was wishing for a 22LR double action revolver. I doubt they have even thought of doing one of them though. Oh well. Maybe another year.

Bill

dacaur

Single-Sixer
I was reallying hoping for a 1911.... I'm a little disappointed in the LC9, its bigger and heavier than my kel-tec PF9, so i have no reason to get one... Oh well, at least its not striker fired!! If they release a version with night sights i might consider it, at least if they do it before sig releases its p290 with second strike capability and night sights... its a race then!!!

Oh well, I am happy in one way, I honestly thought it was going to be the SR40c... lol....

Snake45 said:

You can already get pretty darn close... as close as its possible really without redesigning the 10/22... http://www.eabco.com/m1_carbine_ruger_1022_tribute.htm
M1Carbine1022Big.gif

BigBlue said:
Okay the mysterious, long awaited (two days), have to own LC 9 is out, but what were you really hoping Ruger was going to introduce?
Don

I'm not upset with what they did release. As a backup gun, I carry my LCP in my shirtpocket, all the time. For what it is, it's a neat little gun. And, as popular as they are, looks like I'm not alone.

So, if they can make the LCP in a 9mm, I think it'll be a great seller.

As far as the advertising? They won there, too, as it's had me on the edge of my seat, since Saturday. I even like their daily-specials.

Someday, maybe I'll see a Ruger 1911 or medium-frame DA rimfire. I wont be upset with those choices, either. 8)

WAYNO.

Snake45

Patriot, Mentor, Friend ~ RIP
dacaur said:
Snake45 said:

You can already get pretty darn close... as close as its possible really without redesigning the 10/22... http://www.eabco.com/m1_carbine_ruger_1022_tribute.htm
M1Carbine1022Big.gif
Seen that. It's kinda sorta close, but not close enough to suit me, especially with those ass-ugly Tech Sights. I'm doing my own homebrew conversion, which will look better for about 1/4 the price or less. :wink:

agentadam

Single-Sixer
reintroduce PC9 carbine that takes SR9 mags

.32NAA or 22LR LCP

9mm or 22lr SP101

9mm or 22lr LCR

Double Barrel or Pump 12g

more basic or D.I. AR system

standard Mini14 Ranch threaded

threaded or extended SR9 barrels

sell or upgrade 22/45 frames with grips

finish .17Hm2 MKIII pistol (volsquartsen sells heavier bolts)

reintroduce 10/22 Magnum

reintroduce .44 Carbine

Mark I Classic Edition

Yawn

Blackhawk
If I could think what I was hoping for, then I probably didn't want it. Or I should be on their R and D team. I love Ruger... which is why I am hoping they come out with the next big design. People can say what they will about Glocks, but their striker assembly and trigger safety changed handguns a bit.

doublebarrel_2

Bearcat
I was hoping for a Ruger version of Kahr PM9, comparable dimensions and weight (shave the extra 4 oz. off the SIG P290), and NOT adding any of unsafe lawyer "safety features". Guess Ruger thought differently...

Strange

Bearcat
If they had come out with it 6 months ago when I couldn't decide between a larger uncomfortable 9mm or and easily concealable .380 I would have gone with the LC9 with out a second thought, but now that a LCP is my daily carry the LC9 will have to wait till I decide to change my everyday carry weapon.

P90

Single-Sixer
The only new gun that Ruger has come out with in the last few years that interest me is the Scout Rifle. If they make it in Stainless later, I will probably buy one.

leejack

Single-Sixer
I was hoping for a GI style 1911.

Not that the world needs another 1911 manufacturer, but it would be nice to own a Ruger.

Too many 1911's made today are so tricked out with bells and tacticool whistles. I just want a reliable GI style, more in line with the original design. Imagine an American made 1911 with straight up serrations and no place to hang a flashlight. :shock: It would be so out of vogue, I'd love it! Take a look at the REV's 1911 and you'll see what a 1911 can be!

Instead, they come out with a plastic pocket 9. That's only a half of a notch more exciting than a plastic pocket .380. What a let down.

gig

Single-Sixer
I was hoping for some standardization.........
The GP series handles and feels the same no matter the caliber even passed down to the SP.

A Glock is a Glock no matter the caliber just as a XD is a XD.....

I was hoping Ruger would run with the SR platform either going larger to a 45, a 40 compact, or a SR subcompact the size of the LC9.

At lease when a person gets familiar with a certain pistol, then the same familiarity could be carried over to other sizes and calibers.

Ultra small pistols such as the LC9 are mainly used in pressure situations when time to think is limited.
Practice time or recreation time spent with a SR would carry over to a pistol the size of the LC9 if the subcompact was identical (except in size) to its larger brother.

Sal1950

Blackhawk
Still 2 weeks to go before the Shot Show. I've read more than a few times now that Ruger will be rolling out 3-4 new weapons for 2011 so I think there is still at least 1 more surprise coming.
I was hoping for a Ultra Super Redhawk in 50 BMG. :shock:
Sal

agentadam

Single-Sixer
I liked the M77 Frontier II scout rifle they came out with a few years ago better than the new Gunsite one. The Frontier II came in stainless and you can actually fit a fixed m1a/m14 magazine with no modification to the gun. They are discontinued now but you can still find them.
RugerM77MarkII.jpg

ACM73

Bearcat
I would have loved to see the LC9, but the same size as the lcp. I'm going to the gun store today to order an lcp now that I know that isn't happening.