What state do you live in?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

volshooter

Buckeye
Does anyone know how to find out what states have the most Ruger forum members? Lately, it came to my attention that TN has several members. Not that any state is better than any other, just wondering.

J Miller

Blackhawk
Well I'm sure that there is someone who could figure out a way to poll the membership roles for that information, but it wouldn't be me.

Currently I live in the political subdivision of IN, but if the truth be known, I spend most of my time in the state of confusion ....... :D That's a joke, you know.

Joe

Dan in MI

Staff member
Someone would have to do the math.

Go to the member list at the upper right. When list opens up click on the word location. It will sort by location alphabetically. Start scrolling pages and recording the data.

Edit: seems the member above beat me to it:

could you possibly sort the membership list by state and then scroll through and get an estimate... of course the problem is those registered as compared to those that are actually active members....

seems some folks are so paranoid that they don't put down their state.....

Personally, I'm constantly in a state of confusion....

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
A poll won't work because it only allows for what, 5 or 6 choices but we could do a regional poll. :D

edit to add. I went ahead and made a regional poll for members.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=230224

Dan in MI said:
Someone would have to do the math.

Go to the member list at the upper right. When list opens up click on the word location. It will sort by location alphabetically. Start scrolling pages and recording the data.
Where does it say"Location"? I see nothing like that in the "members" section. Here's what I see:
* Logout [ Fox Mike ] * 0 new messages * FAQ * Search * Members * User Control Panel
Last visit was: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:09 am It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:58 pm

View unanswered posts | View active topics View unread posts | View new posts | View your posts

Board index

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Username begins with:

Find a member

The only thing else I see are the headers for each column:
# Username Joined Posts Rank Message E-mail Website

Dan in MI

Staff member
Upper right of this page click on "members"
Board index ‹ General ‹ The Lounge

E-mail friend

User Control Panel (0 new messages) • View your posts -- FAQ -- Members -- Logout [ Dan in MI ]

the member list populates the screen - in the header for the list;
user name -- rank -- posts -- website/location -- joined

Click on website/location the list will sort by that column

TitanX said:
Location appears as an editable item, when you go into PROFILE.

It isn't always filled in and often says something very general or even humorous.

If it said 'State' maybe you'd get good state data, but that ship has sailed.
That explains why I couldn't find it in MEMBERS...it is under PROFILE. See, I am in the State of Confusion. :roll: :roll: :) :)

eveled

Hunter
Every time I try to type in my State, my tin foil hat blocks it out.

Dan in MI

Staff member
OK it lookslike we were talking two different things.

To edit YOUR location you have to go in to Profile

To try and figure out how many memebrs are in a particular state you need to play in the member list

To not care at all you just need to click and read

I find it strange that folks have a need to hide their location... but I will say it is their choice and to a degree I will respect that... even though I don't get it. When I joined here I was on two other firearm internet sites and realized just how down home and friendly the folks were here (well most of them).... I also realized that I really had nothing to hide and even if I tried it would not work. Seems I'm too up front and tell too many personal stories... a couple of years back there was some discussion on this and it took one of the members less than a minute to figure out exactly where I live.... Oh and by the way, now I only am on one internet gun forum...

I'll be surprised if the Southeast does not 'win' the pole

I also am guilty of getting comfortable and forgetting this is the internet. I live in Dallas, but that's all I'll say.

Someone more tech savy than I am would have no problem finding locations based on Internet ip addresses.

The somewhat new CSI show, CSI Cyber, goes into some pretty interesting stuff about tracking people across the internet.