What size rings fit the base that comes with a 10/22?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BuckRimfire

Bearcat
Weaver or 3/8"?

I have a couple of 10/22s so I should have a couple of scope bases somewhere, probably in the boxes the guns came in up in the rafters of my garage. I need to order some scope rings and it's easier just to ask here than dig them out!

Or is it better to get an aftermarket Weaver base for some reason???

As I recall the 10-22s at one time came with a base they might have made and that was made for the narrow rings only. Later models came with a base that was just like the Weaver 10-22 base that will accept narrow and standard with rings. What they come with currently I don't know.

G2

Hunter
Yep go to rafters… depends on how old the gun is,,,

Early were shipped with tip off base. Tip Off Rings.
Later shipped with Weaver base of sorts. Weaver Size Rings.

personally I like the Early thinner, smaller, tip off size, with nice tip off rings, but one has to be just a tad careful to not let the scope get hit.
Like the Later weaver size when I know it's going to see a little rough use.

IMO the Best of Both is the Warne 2pc Base set, leaves the top of the receiver clean and sleek looking, Then attach the Scope using Warne Vapor Vertical Rings, nice light weight, and simple.
NOTE: The shorter base piece gets 100% fit ent with a Warne ring, meaning to protruding base, the Longer Base will protrude because it has to be longer to catch both screws.
Warne Vapor Rings are just a tad thinner and will protrude a tad.

WARNE Maxima M858/918M Ruger 10/22 Base, Two Piece Base Set, 6-48 Screws, Fits Ruger 10/22 Guns, Matte

WARNE Maxima M858/918M Ruger 10/22 Base, Two Piece Base Set, 6-48 Screws, Fits Ruger 10/22 Guns, Matte

WARNE Vapor 1 inch, Low Matte Black, Scope Optic Rings
1703194213590.jpeg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

RugerForMe

Single-Sixer
That is the first upgrade I usually do is to pitch the factory base and buy a EGW Picatinny scope base. Longer than stock gives you a bit more real estate for mounting a scope. Any picatinny scope ring will work, but a 40mm bell scope you should need "medium" height rings.
https://www.egwguns.com/ruger-10-22-picatinny-rail-0-moa
As with mounting any scope base on a Ruger 1022.
  1. Do not over torque.
  2. Check to see if the screws come through the bottom of the receiver. *
  3. A dab of blue Loctite will keep them in place.
* IF they do pull the screw back out and file it down some. They should be flush with the inside of the of receiver. I have seen even factory screws that were too long.

Did I miss anything?

Last edited: