What happened here?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jmelcock

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the info! I'm not trying to demean any person or project. Just curious. I did get a couple good laughs, but I don't think it was at the expense of any person. and...now I know. Thanks again

resident

Single-Sixer
I think anyone in such-a-hurry to get the trigger pulled they dispense with the guard is being hasty, by today's standards. Regardless of the logic-promoted for hacking up the guards it was a poor idea and hasn't popularized for reasons. I think the primary reason (unexpounded) was to reduce weight/size of the thing in a period when effective calibers came only in large guns.
I'd only buy one for parts.

TiteGroups

Blackhawk
Only reason to buy is if you have the skills to repair it, would be like buying a wrecked car, cheap ain't worth it.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Just as a hypothetical, I have to wonder what kind of reaction you'd get from law enforcement and/or the courts if you shot somebody with a Fitz Special. I know that choice of weapon shouldn't make your decision less legitimate, but I wouldn't want to take a chance.

Major T

Blackhawk
With no disrespect to anyone, T035, politically correct wasn't an issue in the 20s-40s when most of the Fitz Specials were fabricated. Social politeness began in the 60s with bra burning, coming out of the closet, integration and later the equal rights amendment. Prior to these events, society only asked, "Did the deceased need killing?" How and with what later became an issue as we developed more sensitivity. As a nineties example, my agency abandoned the Sig P220 loaded with the 200 grain "flying ash can" because we were killing too many people. We went to the .357Sig, which I am told stops the fights just as quickly, but is less lethal. ( I retired not long after the switch and do not have the stats.) Anyway, once upon a time long ago, your concern just did not matter. Things change. Good day, Jack