What exactly do I have here .....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BrewsterII

Bearcat
I bought this Single Six brand new back in Feb of 1995. My sales receipt states the model as a NR6F, nothing more than a blued 6-1/2" barreled Single Six with the "Vaquero" style rear sight. It came with both the .22LR and .22 Magnum cylinders. The s/n is a 268 prefix.

Yesterday I was reading my recently purchased RENE material and it stated the model is a BNV6. I guess I'm just confused as to what this really is.

I don't believe this is a rare gun by any means but the information on this specific gun is very limited to say the least.

I'm thinning out the herd and this is one of the selected guns to go. My old eyes do better with adjustable sights.

I'm thinking to price this as any used New Model Single Six in ...... lets say 98 percent condition. Am I wrong?

NR6F.2-L.jpg

NR6F.1-L.jpg

NR6F.4-L.jpg

Thank You

BrewsterII

Bearcat
Fox Mike said:
Really looks like a Single Six with the Vaquero style frame; a BNV-6. It is NOT a NR as it does NOT have fixed sights.

It is a Single Six with the Vaquero style frame. I have this one, and I also have a 5-1/2" version.

The sales receipts state NR6F and NR5F from when I bought them new. The boxes are long gone, so I can only assume the guns were written up as per the information on the box.

contender

Ruger Guru
Respect your RENE guide & read all the info on page 51 about the different designations of that style. In the first paragraph,, under Variations,, they list a NR6F as having a Drift adjustable rear sight.
Then, in the second paragraph,, they list a NR6F,, second issue,, with a Vaquero style rear sight.

Read ALL the details to help you understand exactly what you have.

trapperon

Blackhawk
NR6F is correct on the model number. At the time they made four fixed sight variations--5.5 blued and high polish stainless as well as 6.5 in both finishes.
I think maybe I would try to sell for a bit higher than the standard single six as these are much less common. Although the used gun market appears to be soft these days.....
Very nice revolver!

Ron

BrewsterII

Bearcat
contender said:
Respect your RENE guide & read all the info on page 51 about the different designations of that style. In the first paragraph,, under Variations,, they list a NR6F as having a Drift adjustable rear sight.
Then, in the second paragraph,, they list a NR6F,, second issue,, with a Vaquero style rear sight.

Read ALL the details to help you understand exactly what you have.

Exactly, but confusing, lol.

chet15

Hawkeye
Being a Single-Six, it will be under the fixed sight Single-Six info (Vaquero style), there you'll find the NR6F etc. info.
For the BNV info you have to go to the centerfire Vaquero chapter.
Chet15