Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AR10 (DIGS or Piston)

• Ruger FAL in .308

• All new semi auto .308/.300AAC/.300 W

• Total voters
The XGI worked fine but was very inaccurate...WBR would NOT allow the engineers to modify the gun with a non--RUGER designed part that made the rifle work flawlessly and accurately.....that is how Bill Sr. was; it was HIS company, as he was fully capable of reminding anyone who "needed to be reminded". That being said, I do not believe the SR30 is an XGI or a Mini 308 of any type because they would not call it the SR30, the SR moniker belongs to the AR platform in rifles...

May I also remind my fellow forum members that we cannot be upset with Ruger for the whole SR30 teaser, perhaps, Jeff Quinn did it without the knowledge and/or permission of Ruger's Marketing people. Maybe the gun was shown on the SHOT Media day to get first impressions, comments etc which is an SOP of most firearm's manufacturers today and was never going to be announced as a new item at SHOT....Until we "know the rest of the story", we cannot blame Ruger Management as they have not released any information on a SR30 to my knowledge.

JMHO......YMMV

Pocketfisherman

Bearcat
Any manufacturer that might be constrained by manufacturing or personnel resources would make most efficient use of those limited resources by doing line changeovers and introducing new product all throughout the year versus focusing on running the line just to make a certain date for all the new product intro's. Welcome to the real world run by beancounters. Even the automakers now commonly introduct new models mid year. You also have a big marketing advantage when your new product intro is not diluted by another hundred new product intros occurring at the same time.

welder

Buckeye
Jimbo357mag said:
I want to know what it is. Is that too much to ask?? :roll: :roll:

...Jimbo

+1.

I'm just about fed up with this new marketing crap from Ruger, that and their non existent QC. Yes I KNOW they have good customer service...big deal.

:evil:

dfletcher

Blackhawk
welder said:
Jimbo357mag said:
I want to know what it is. Is that too much to ask?? :roll: :roll:

...Jimbo

+1.

I'm just about fed up with this new marketing crap from Ruger, that and their non existent QC. Yes I KNOW they have good customer service...big deal.

:evil:

I don't know if it applies to Ruger, but when folks talk about Springfield's great customers srvice my answer as to how they got it is "practice, practice, practice ...." I've owned 5 Springfields (4 1911s and a Scout) and the only one that didn't have problems requiring repair and/or shipping back to SA was a used Loaded. Maybe the original owner took care of that task. :(

My experience with Ruger is generally very good. My main gripe is their economizing of finish.

sebtool

Blackhawk
Matt, you may be right about the .300AAC vs the 6.8. I was reading about the AAC, and it seems that there are several aftermarket/custom manufacturers tooling up for it. The .30AR is another possibility. 125 gr bullet at 2800 fps advertised. Not too shabby, IMO.
http://rifleshooter.com/2011/07/rifleshooter-com-review-remington-r15-30ar-model-60100/

Remington's R15 is also available in .223 and .204 Ruger, and it seems they're going to be putting out more chamberings shortly. The .30AR specifically, and I thought I saw something about a mid bore, .260 mebbe??? Just like the Mini 14 platform, the .308 is a bit too much for it to handle.

Oh yeah, .450 Bushmaster, too! :D

I'm not into the 'tacti-cool' black rifle thing, but could see the versatility of a lower with several uppers available, especially in decent hunting/defense rounds. I.E., not .223/5.56. And yeah, camo is better..... :wink:

Mebbe a piston driven SR30 wouldn't be such a bad thing after all... BUT - a Mini 30 in .30AR would be better!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DPris

Buckeye
I'm thinking there's gonna be a LOTTA people interested in finding Jeff to shake his hand, when the SR30 finally sees sunlight. :D
Certainly could not have been done without him.
Denis

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
DPris said:
I'm thinking there's gonna be a LOTTA people interested in finding Jeff to shake his hand, when the SR30 finally sees sunlight. :D
Certainly could not have been done without him.
Denis

Not me. I was just holding the sign.

Jeff

DPris

Buckeye
Nope, not gonna let you get away with being so modest!

Without giving away any details before the official announcement, I think everybody oughta know that the SR30 exists because of you & ONLY you! :) It's your baby & you deserve to have the world know it. You've worked long & hard to achieve such a position of trust & responsibility in your relationship with Ruger. The SR30 is very obvious proof of how highly they regard you & it has Jeff Quinn written all over it. Quit standing in the shadows, man!
I wish Ruger'd listen to MY suggestions more often, y'oughta be proud!

Full credit, as the industry will finally see when the SR30 is unveiled, will be on nobody's head but Mrs. Quinn's little boy, Jeff himself.
You know the market, you've got the respect & credibility, and Ruger recognized it on this one.

In a long & industrious history spanning several decades, Ruger & Co has seldom given out the names involved in various projects to the general public. Given the high interest levels already generated, there's no question whatever that the SR30 will be one of those rare occasions when the company will be happy to mention the name of Jeff Quinn when the time comes.

Give yourself some credit, JQ, you know deep down you've earned it on this one. :)
Denis

Gunsby_Blazen

Single-Sixer
well Ruger is saying that there is no SR-30.

i saw this from the Ruger PR people a while ago,

Time to put an end to the SR-30 rumors! Ruger was assigned Shooting Range 30 on Media Day the first day of SHOT Show, so the sign at our range read "SR-30." Some media personnel had some fun with the obvious tie to our product lines and took some photos and videos which started some rumors, but I promise you we have no SR-30 to talk about! -facebook
:roll:

what do you fellas think? :wink:

they didnt deny it, just said they had no "product to talk about"........

Al James

Hunter
I think that sounds like an excuse my 8 year old would imagine up. Remember when they denied the SR1911 after the accidental G&A leak?

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Well!!! Now that the cat is out of the bag I bet Ruger is wondering if they should rush some gun out the door and capitalize on all the press about the SR-30.

I think in the tradition of the '22 Charger' they could cut the buttstock off and shorten the barrel on a Mini-30 and call it the SR-30 semi-auto mini-pistol. 8) 8)

SR-30MiniAuto-Pistol.jpg

...Jimbo

welder

Buckeye
I saw a post on another forum about this. There was picture posted with the numbers assigned to lanes just like the sign Quinn posted. Sorry I can't remember the site. I thought it was THR but I can't find it now. I don't know? Ruger better step up and stop playing games if indeed this is a joke. It all seems a bit childish to me. YMMV

mattsbox99

Hunter
Al James said:
I think that sounds like an excuse my 8 year old would imagine up. Remember when they denied the SR1911 after the accidental G&A leak?

Yea, they also denied the SP101 in .22LR also. Plus, in the videos it looked to me like there were quite a few other manufacturers at the same range.

johnqpublic

Bearcat
Welder is correct...I saw the same info at the other Ruger Forum. The thread also shows a map of the Short Ranges at the SHOT show (SR-25 to SR-30)

DPris

Buckeye
Let's be quite clear- This was NOT Ruger. Ruger did NOT originate the joke. Ruger did NOT participate in it.
If you're going to be irate over it, don't direct it at the Ruger people.

And, if there's still anybody not understanding, it WAS strictly a joke.
The only SR30 now in existence is that sign at the range.
Denis

mattsbox99

Hunter
sebtool said:
Matt, you may be right about the .300AAC vs the 6.8. I was reading about the AAC, and it seems that there are several aftermarket/custom manufacturers tooling up for it. The .30AR is another possibility. 125 gr bullet at 2800 fps advertised. Not too shabby, IMO.
http://rifleshooter.com/2011/07/rifleshooter-com-review-remington-r15-30ar-model-60100/

Remington's R15 is also available in .223 and .204 Ruger, and it seems they're going to be putting out more chamberings shortly. The .30AR specifically, and I thought I saw something about a mid bore, .260 mebbe??? Just like the Mini 14 platform, the .308 is a bit too much for it to handle.

Oh yeah, .450 Bushmaster, too! :D

I'm not into the 'tacti-cool' black rifle thing, but could see the versatility of a lower with several uppers available, especially in decent hunting/defense rounds. I.E., not .223/5.56. And yeah, camo is better..... :wink:

Mebbe a piston driven SR30 wouldn't be such a bad thing after all... BUT - a Mini 30 in .30AR would be better!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think .30 AR is dead or at least on its deathbed. It uses the old 30 Remington case instead of the Fireball case like the Whisper and AAC. I'm really not that well versed on the history of the Whisper, here is a link to the BLK FAQs.

http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=73274