What are the SP101 .22's selling for in your area?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Triggernosis

Single-Sixer
Just wondering what to expect when I go shopping for mine after Christmas. :D
I'm talking about the new 4.2" version.

k22fan

Blackhawk
I saw a new one in a LGS last week for $550 plus tax. When they first hit the shelves they were up to $50 higher.

One of these days or years I'll buy a nice used one. I can wait until used ones are common. There's also a chance Ruger will bring out a long barreled version which I'd prefer.

Now if they'd reintroduce the Security Six as a 6" .22 LR I'd buy it tomorrow.

Pale Horse

Bearcat
For some reason I can't remember if the one I saw at the LGS was $515 or $540. I was looking at two guns and I can't remember which price was on which.

mrbumps

Blackhawk
I saw one for $549 the other day. That particular dealer will usually knock $20 off if you aren't using a credit card to pay.

eveled

Hawkeye
k22fan said:
I saw a new one in a LGS last week for $550 plus tax. When they first hit the shelves they were up to $50 higher.

Yep, same around here.

k22fan said:
One of these days or years I'll buy a nice used one. I can wait until used ones are common. There's also a chance Ruger will bring out a long barreled version which I'd prefer.

Funny, never thought of a longer barreled one, I'd like a 2.25 inch fixed sight one to match my .357. :D

k22fan said:
Now if they'd reintroduce the Security Six as a 6" .22 LR I'd buy it tomorrow.
Now that we can agree on, if they come out with any Security/speed/service six, in any caliber, I'd be interested! Ed

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
I paid a premium at Cabelas months ago just so I didn't have to keep waiting to find one. Bout $620 before taxes.

I do love this gun and it has become my favorite plinker.

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
Bought mine last week. Exact cost was $538 using my credit card. We do not have sales tax in Alaska.

The revolver is perfectly balanced and sized with the 4.2 inch barrel due to the smallish grips. To make the barrel any longer would make it look weird in my opinion and also add weight that should not be added to a "kit" revolver.

Don't see the reason to wait for a lower price. You can always make money. Why wait to save $75 or so. Heck, thats the price of one decent meal for the wife and I. Life is to short.

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
Paid $519.00 plus tax for my Sp101-22 about six months ago. Had it ordered as soon as they were listed on Ruger website but they were almost as hard to get as 1911, it was worth the wait though, it is a sweat little revolver.

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
I sent mine to Dave Clements so he could do a trigger job on it and it just came back. Very impressed and worth the $135. Much smoother DA and a creep free SA pull of about 3.5 pounds.
He shoots it after he works on it and initially started with a 10 pound spring but had 2 misfires so he moved up to a 12 pound and all is good. He also includes the extra springs he does not use and test fired it for accuracy and gave it a very good review.

ProfessorWes

Hunter
I saw a 4.2" SP-101 in .22 in a local gunshop recently - I think it was (lightly) used - for $530ish. Given the very heavy trigger pull in both DA and SA on that particular specimen, I can see why the original owner traded it in.

Up to that point, I'd kind of wanted one, but if they're all like that...no thanks.

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
Only S&W or Freedom Arms makes a handgun that has a great action out of the box. One of the reasons Ruger is less expensive to buy. I consider a trigger job an absolute requirement on any Ruger revolver I buy. $135 more is a small price to pay to get exactly what you want in a revolver.

roaddog28

Single-Sixer
I bought one in my area for $549.00 new. As far as the double action trigger. The only revolver I have found with a good double trigger is a S&W model 17 or 18. Never tried a Colt so I can't comment on their revolver. The SP101 is a well made revolver. The trigger can be improved. I bought the SP101 because I could not afford a S&W.
Good luck on finding one.
Howard

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
Am pleased to report after having Dave do his magic on my SP101 the trigger and action is actually better than my S&W 617. Money well spent.