Western Powders Handloading guide

Help Support Ruger Forum:

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I received my copy of Western Powders Edition 1 manual today. I highly recommend it, if you are using their powders. I like AA #9 for magnum handguns. Just wanted to share my findings. Looks like a good reload book.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
No,, this manual is only Western powders. But, there are several cartridges I have not heard of listed. I called their phone number, talked with a technician. On powders, this is an excellent manual. I highly recommend it.

grobin

Blackhawk
This is Western powders only; but it covers a lot of diferent bullets and some odd ball calibers, such as 5.7x28 FN and 6.5x47 Lapua. The most general book on reloading is the Lyman 50th Annerversry; but it covers calibers which they make reloading dies for. All the reloading manuals are vendor specific to one degree or another.

BTW it has some good articles that other manuals don't have; removing a stuck case, slugging a barrel and a good warning. Turns out that you can chamber a 300BLK in a 223/5.56 and it will fire, much to your detrement and that of the gun!!

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I called Western Powders about Blackhorn Powder. I would like to use it in my 77/50's. They write not to use w/caps. Tech told I would not get complete burn. Supposed to be very clean burn. Anyone here use Blackhorn?