Went to buy a Taurus, ended up with a Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CanonLyles

Single-Sixer
Yosemite Sam":zz9o0asg said:
Go OSU! Go Beavs! Oh, you meant someplace else... (Oregon State University - home of the Beavers. Hey, it beats the UCSC Banana Slugs, or the Ducks, for that matter, who have to pay royalties to Disney for their name...)

-- Sam

I'm talking about the Cowboys, by GOD. Not the rodents we shoot around campus LOL

revhigh

Hawkeye
Sounds like you got a good deal CL, especially with the CT laser grips. I once owned a 2.25 inch SP in 357, not DAO though. For some reason I just never warmed up to that gun, although I DID like it. I ended up with a Glock 26 after I sold the SP.

I guess I'm just not a snubby lover LOL.

I won't badmouth the current Taurus's as much as most. I was a real Taurus hater about 10 years ago, but recently have come to respect them much more than I used to. I think they've come a long way with all of their guns ... revolvers AND autos. I don't think their big bore revolver line is as good as the Ruger revolver line, but they make some unique pieces like their lightweight revolvers that Ruger hadn't made prior to the LCR. Of course now I would select an LCR rather than the Taurus lightweight models because I feel the Ruger LCR is an excellent lightweight.

I also agree that the S&W's are just priced ridiculously at their pricepoint of $600+. THey simply are not worth that.

Good luck with your SP ... you'll be very happy with your baby GP, and the CT grips are very cool !!

REV