Went to an auction & a couple MK's followed me home

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rusty W

Single-Sixer
I was at an auction Saturday mainly looking for another MKII to add to the collection. I didn't really want the 77 but for some reason I just couldn't keep my hand down. Got it for just under $400.00 and the MKII for Just under $300.00. There were 4-5 other MKII's there, a Stainless taper bbl and a well worn blue w/a taper bbl, a couple MKII 4" blue also well worn, very little blue showing & a lot of holster wear. They all went between $300-$400. I noticed the bolt ears on the MKII were shaped different than my others and was wondering when Ruger made the change. I have a 22/45 and another stainless MKII w/a tactical solutions bbl and the bolt ears are straight. The 77/22 had a Weaver fixed 4power already on it. When I got them home I rubbed them w/a little Hoppes to clean the grit out and went shooting. I stepped out the back door and set up a few empty 12ga hulls on a stump about 20yds away. The 77 was on the money so I tried the MKII. I missed a few at first and found the rear sight needed adjusted so I took a brass punch & slid it over just a tick to the right. That was all it needed. Hulls went a flying the next 5 shots. The 77 may just take up space for awhile, I shoot pistols mostly. I like that the 77 shares mags with the 10/22, although I rarely shoot the 10/22.
Sorry for the pics. All I have is a cell phone camera, and not a very good one at that.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
For not wanting the 77...you did pretty good on that for sure! You'll never lose money on that if you ever decide to sell. My guess is once you get a chance to shoot it , you won't be selling it off! Just remember to try a wide variety of ammo to see what it likes the best.

wwb

Hunter
Well-worn Mark II blue standard for $300+..... sounds like some folks had auction fever.

But that 77/22..... that was a deal.